Breakfast à la Luna (luke) *tumblr*

by http://dancinghashton.tumblr.com/

"Alright, babes." Luke said while clapping his hands together. He looked down at the little girl in front of him, sucking on her thumb with her stuffie in her other hand. "Mommy is icky. Wanna help me make her breakfast?"

Little Luna Celeste Hemmings was only three years old - excuse me, three and a half years old, as she would proudly correct anyone who said any different - and she loved her momma to the moon and back - maybe even further than that. Luke would find the two of you cuddled up on the couch when he came back from the studio frequently. She was a huge mommy's girl.

She plucked at the frayed hem of her Tinker Bell pajamas and nodded. "Why's mommy icky, daddy? What's wrong with mommy?"

Luke picked her up by the hips and set her down on his arm as he shuffled around the kitchen. "I don't know, Lu. She'll get better soon though."

And so the pair continued to find their way through the kitchen, grabbing the occasional kiddie-proof knife so Luna could cut the canned croissants or another orange to squeeze the juice out of. Luke and his daughter were dancing around the kitchen to some old song his own band released a while ago when his little mini-me mentioned 'a smelly smell'. Luke's head snapped to the direction of the oven where the croissants were baking. He set Luna down on the counter as far away as possible from the oven and grabbed the oven mitts, pulling the oven's door open and coughing when a cloud of smoke blew into his face. He peered inside for a moment and found the croissant black, almost falling apart, and he sighed.

Then the smoke alarm started beeping and Luke couldn't feel any more miserable. All he'd tried was to make a nice little breakfast with your daughter to make you feel better, but he failed. He turned the alarm off just when you descended down the stairs in all your morning glory, your messy hair and the sleepy look in your eyes.

"What the hell happened in here?" Your eyes widened at seeing the mess in your kitchen.

Luna gasped, pointing at you. "Mommy, swear jar!"

You smiled lovingly at your little girl, picking her up from her place on the counter and smothering her face in kisses. "I promise I'll put some money in it later, Lu."

You looked at Luke, putting your free hand on your hip and raising your eyebrow. "What happened Luke?"

"I tried to make us three some breakfast, but it didn't really work out. As you can probably see." He scratched the back of his head, sighing in defeat. "Surprise?"

"Surprise, my ass, baby." You mumbled against his lips. "You'll clean this up, I'll clean this little monster up and then we'll get some non-crumbling-to-ashes croissants. How does that sound?"

Luke pecked your lips once more. "Like a great plan. Breakfast for three."

You bit your lip and smiled at him. "Make that four. I'm pregnant."