Kindergarten - Luke Hemmings [fluff] *tumblr*

Walking down the corridors of school you start to fiddle with one of your rings, a smile growing on your face as you remember the memories that come along with it. You’ve worn that ring nearly everyday for, verging on, 12 years now, your ‘wedding ring’ that Luke gave you when you were 5. It doesn’t matter that that you haven’t talked to Luke since you got to high school, it’s still a gorgeous ring. It began being far too big for your thumb even, since he’d stolen it from his mother’s collection but it now resides happily on your middle finger, a simple silver metal ring with coloured crystals around it, very inexpensive but your favourite possession. Luke stopped talking to you a while ago, not for any reason you just grew apart as people do which saddens you. You still remember the time he gave it to you like it was yesterday.

*flashback*

Your best friend, Luke, rushed in the door to greet you on your last ever day of kindergarten before you graduated to big kid school.

"Hey [Y/N]," he beamed.

"Hi," you replied.

"Guess how late I stayed up last night," he said. You shrugged, "8 o’clock"

You gasped melodramatically as 8 o’clock was very late for a 5 year old, “How did you manage that?”

"I was watching TV, oh which reminds me, I saw this and my mum told me about it," he added, digging around in his tiny pocked.

He pulls out a silver ring with coloured crystals.

"Wow, that’s pretty, where’d you find it?" you questioned.

"I got it from my mum," he said.

"You stole, Luke?"

"So, she has loads," he told you before kneeling. "This guy asked this girl to marry her"

Still not completely clued up on the idea of marriage you asked, “What does that mean?”

"It means they’ll be together forever," he smiled. "Do you want to marry me, [Y/N]?"

You nod and he gave you the ring, “Sure, how do we do that?”

"I’m not sure, they said ‘I do’ and kissed"

"Ew…" you giggled.

"I know, but it’s like a rule or something," he said.

"I do," you smiled at him.

"I do as well," he copied closing his eyes as you both hesitantly kissed, your first kiss.

*flashback*

You have to try and stop yourself from getting emotional in the hallway so you look at your feet, still twiddling with the ring. All of a sudden you’re knocked to the floor and when you sit up you see you’ve just walked into, none other than, Luke.

"Hey [Y/N], we’ve not talked in forever," he grins his familiar grin getting up and dusting himself off.

"S-sorry," you stammer as he helps you up too. "I was…" you look at your hands again.

"Is that my ring?"

------

http://5-seconds-of-solitude.tumblr.com/