Kindergarten - Luke Hemmings (part 2) *tumblr*

Why did you have to become so damn attached to that freaking ring, you could have avoided a whole interaction but no, you still always wear it.

"[Y/N]? Are you there?" he chuckles waving a hand in front of your face.

"Oh, sorry I was just um… what were you saying?" you stutter.

"I was just.. the ring?" he says, equally as nervous.

"Oh yeah, I um… kept it," you tell him. "That’s weird isn’t it?"

"No, it’s what it was meant for," he answers. "We really haven’t talked in a long time, have we?"

You nod along with him.

"Maybe we should hang out sometime? Exchange numbers and catch up?" he suggests.

"Yeah, sure," you reply with a smile.

You hand each other your pones and dial in the digits before bidding each other a farewell and go your separate days.

The whole day the only thing you can think about is Luke, and that’s not happened in a long time. When you get home you find yourself reliving the encounter you had with Luke earlier that day, it reminds you of the first time that the two of you met back when you were only 3 or 4.

*flashback*

It was the first day of Kindergarten and you knew nobody, an obvious factor since it was your first experience of a school system.

"It’s okay, honey, just go off and play while I sort things out," your mum said pushing you forward a little.

Since you didn’t want attention from the other kids at that point you didn’t argue and just wandered off to explore, which was when you came across the music corner. Even once your mum had left you remained in the corner with the kiddie keyboards and the cheap plastic guitars, hiding from everyone, that was until you noticed the boy in the reading cornerstaring at you. You tried to ignore it until he decided to walk across and pick up the ukulele and play a few notes, giggling along.

"Do you play music?" the boy asked nervously.

"No, do you?" you replied quietly.

He shook is head, his blue eyes glaring at you, “I’m Luke”

"[Y/N]"

The two of you stayed in silence just enjoying the fact that you weren’t sitting alone until you are called to the tiny plastic tables for snack time. The two of you walked together to the tables and, with a tiny smile on is face, he pulled out a chair for you.

"Thanks," you grinned.

You began actual conversations from there and when you were getting picked up at the end of the day the two of you ran up to your parents who just happened to be near each other.

"Did you make any friends?" your mum asked.

"Yes, I have a new best friend," you told her enthusiastically.

"Really?" your mum proceeded to say.

"His names Luke," you introduced.

"Nice to meet you Luke," your mum grinned before turning to you. "Maybe Luke would like to come over for tea at some point?"

*flashback*

Your flashback ends when your phone buzzes with a text from Luke.

'So when do you want to hang out?'

—————————————

http://5-seconds-of-solitude.tumblr.com/