[1]

connor gasped, his whole body drenched in sweat. he picked up his phone, and checked the time. quarter past eight.

he threw the hot covers off, and blinked to accommodate to the bright lights shinning through his window.

he sat up, and ran a hand through his sweaty hair. he groaned and wiped his hand against his bedsheets.

"wonder if," said connor to himself, standing up from his bed and walked to his hall. he tapped his thermostat, a bright blue light appearing.

the temperature read:
88*F

connor frowned. "why the hell is it so hot?" groaned connor. he passed his kitchen and went towards his bathroom.

he opened the door, a wave of hot air blowing him. he groaned, and stood up on the edge of the tub to slide his window closed.

"why the hell did i leave it open?" he asked himself, shaking his head in disbelief.

he heard his phone ring from his room. jumping off the tub, he walked back to his room.

"hello?"

"connor!"

connor checked the id and saw that it was one of his baristas.

connor owned a coffee shop. cliché, i know. but if there was one thing he loved more than cats (and the boy did love himself some cats) was coffee.

and it was convenient too. it was close to his college (community - major in media arts) and could easily walk back and forth.

"hi skylar."

connor tugged on the collar of his shirt. he had accidentally (he was still hungover from his last 'binge watch love, rosie' episode) slept through his alarm.

"you promised! my dad is killing me, con. i have no time to see my baby anymore, i can't keep working early shifts."

connor sighed. "i'm disgusting, i know. i slept through my alarm, i'm sorry."

"will you be coming anytime soon? this isn't even for me, the same guy is here again."

"what guy?"

connor shuffled through his memories, looking for "the guy". but came up empty.

"the guy! you know, the one that always has a camera around his neck. blue eyes. maybe birthmark by his eye? ring a bell?"

connor bit his lip. "no?"

"you're hopeless. he's looking like he's lost, if i'm honest. come over already, accents needs you."

connor rolled his eyes but nodded to himself. "let me just take a shower and i'll be there. don't panic. and offer the guy some coffee."

"he's so strange. his tattoos are interesting though."

"don't fall in love now."

skylar laughed. "don't think i'm his type, mate."