[8]

troye looked at connor, and furrowed his eyebrows. "i-uh, oh." he said, taken aback.

"sorry, that was harsh. but i do. at least i hate what you did." said connor, looking down at his feet.

troye chuckled. "fine, alright. i-uh, i'll see you tomorrow."

connor looked up and watched as troye walked down the street. he bit his lip, fighting against every cell in his body to call him back.

"troye," said connor, caving. "i, uh. fuck, i'm going to regret this but i'll give you a ride."

troye smiled and nodded. "if you want, you can drop me off half the block there. since your so keen on destroying my life or whatever."

"wh-what?" stuttered connor, taking out his keys. "what do you mean?"

troye followed connor to the parking lot besides his building, and waited for connor to unlock the car.

"i, uh, heard your friends talk about your medieval torture plan." said troye, smirking. "tying me to horses seems a bit farfetched don't you think?"

connor unlocked the car, and they got in. connor glanced over at troye, who was smiling at him. "it was, yeah. i was angry."

the australian boy smile faltered. "i agree, i would be angry too."

"then why do it? did you really need to fit in that badly."

troye chuckled. "fit in? i was perfectly fine just by myself, don't confuse me for someone i'm not."

"well right now, you're an asshole who used me for a joke. now tell me where you live so i can drop you off and continue with my life."

troye nodded. "just start driving down that road." he pointed to the rode in front of them.

they drove in silence from there, only speaking when troye told him to turn.

they eventually stopped in front of a two floor house with a beautiful front yard. connor raised his eyebrows.

"damn," said connor, mostly to himself. "is that a hedge? them flower beds are beautiful, even at night."

troye chuckled, and took off his seatbelt. "you're welcome inside, you know. i can search for some gas money, if you want."

"just want to drive you then go home, thank you." said connor, shrugging.

troye opened the door. "suit yourself then, franta. see you around."

troye was about to close the door when someone called his name. the two boys turned towards the house door.

"tokky!" said someone. troye cringed, and smiled.

"hi mum, what are you doing here? i thought you'd be with sage."

connor blushed, feeling like he was in a middle of a family discussion.

"tokky, where are your manners invite this young gentleman inside. hi, i'm laurelle." she said, waving at connor.

"connor," said connor, smiling at him. laurelle looked over at troye, and raised her eyebrows.

troye rolled his eyes. "connor, would you like to step inside?"

"i made tea!"

connor chuckled, turning off his engine. not wanting to be rude to his mother, he agreed. "sure, i'll stay for some tea."

**

inside was even more beautiful. everything was arranged in such a professional way that he put connor's apartment to shame.

"you have a beautiful home." said connor, in awe. laurelle giggled, hand on connor's back.

"thank you! my daughter sage, who you'll have to excuse, helped decorate. she's been feeling ill since last thursday, she has a stomach bug." she pouted.

"oh! i'm sorry to hear that, hope she's doing better. some chicken soup should help."

laurelle smiled, and looked back at troye, who was putting their jackets on the rack. "i like him, where'd you find him?"

troye chuckled, nervous. "i-uh, in a café. he was just going go give me a ride then go home. he was busy."

connor glared at troye. "i was busy," this was going to be he revenge. "but i can't say no to some tea."

"hope not! c'mon, this way. tokky, join us, of course. set the table." she waved, and went to the kitchen. the glass door closed and troye sighed.

"don't even dare using my mother against me!" said troye, setting three small plates and spoons on a table. "get me back any other way, franta. leave my family out of this."

connor blushed, not knowing why. "wasn't planning to, she seems nice."

"she's the best. so fucking watch it."

laurelle came back with a pot. she folded a small towel in the middle of the table and put the pot on it.

"here we go, how do you like your tea?"

"just out of the pot, please."

"alright, tokky. serve our guest while i get some biscuits."

she left again, the door sliding. connor watched as troye poured some tea into a cup.

he then moved to another one, dropping three cubes of sugar in it. then moved to the third cup and poured teardrop of honey.

"troye?"

troye looked up at connor. "franta?"

connor tightened his grip around the cup. "why'd you do it?"