[20]

connor turned around on the bed, and furrowed his eyebrows. "your songs? don't tell me you're one of those artists in the making? through your suffering and shit."

troye frowned. "i'm no charity case. no, they're just songs."

"private songs?"

troye hummed in response, and move a bit away from connor. "i know the way i behaved was ill-mannered but it's my notebook. she shouldn't have been snooping around in it."

connor nodded, and looked up at him. "why are you being so nice all of a sudden?"

"because i love your company."

"yeah right, so convincing." scoffed connor, pulling the sheets closer to his nose.

troye smiled at him, shaking his head. he turned on his back, hands behind his head. "maybe i like your company."

"yeah, so much you were paid to be in my company."

troye stopped smiling, and looked at him. "i know, i should've been paid more. the amount of trouble you brought along with you."

"like what!" exclaimed connor, sitting up. "you're the one yelling at your siblings, and going off who knows where."

"careful connor, you sound worried."

connor rolled his eyes, and slumped back down on the bed. "well i'm not, just offended. i'm not a handful"

"don't put words in my mouth, i said you brought along trouble with you. even so, i have two hands, no?"

connor shook his head, and looked at him. "so where did you go off to? on a night rendezvous with some thirty year old?"

the moonlight shined down on troye's smile. "something like that, why? are you jealous?"

"more like worried. steele looked like he was going to lose his mind if you hadn't come back."

troye laughed at that. "great to be home."

the conversation died down from there, troye closing his eyes, and connor just watching him sleep. the moonlight casting a spotlight on troye's face, and nowhere else.

**

it was three am when connor felt the bed dip and then re-dip. he opened his eyes and watched troye wipe his mouth with a tissue. he bit his lip, unsure of what to say.

"sorry i woke you up."

connor nodded. "it's fine, you alright?"

"three month pregnancy, it can take a toll on your body." said troye still not looking at connor. he threw the tissue into the bin, and grabbed another one. dabbing his eyes. "it's crazy how a living creature can make you throw up like you just drank an entire bottle of alcohol."

connor placed a hand on troye's shoulder, turning him around. troye looked up at him, his eye swollen, cheeks red and puffy, hint of alcohol and vomit coming off of him. "what the hell did you do to yourself?"

connor got up, and turned on the light. he went to the bathroom, wet a towel, then came back to wipe off the excess vomit on his face and clothes.