[21]

troye walked down the aisle, distant look on his face. sage hummed, and looked around the area. "tokky, you're going to have to smile wider."

troye looked up at sage, his eyes flickering to connor. "there's nothing to smile about. don't be fucking picky, just be glad i'm doing this."

connor looked away, and sighed. "sorry for his foul mood. i'm to blame."

"of course not, he's troye. he's always fucking moody, especially when he's hungover."

"you know about that?"

sage looked up at him, eyes scrunched up because of the sun. "i was kinda there when he got in the fight. it was with my fiance."

connor nodded. "i'm sorry to hear that. who won?"

she smiled. "my lover, of course. strongest aussie around here. what the f-is that girl putting blue flowers with my lavender ones, hold up. troye! go to connor so he can fix your tux, it looks horrendous!"

"sure thing bridezilla." said troye, throwing the fake rehearsal bouquet of flowers on the ground. troye walked to connor, and raised his eyebrows. "don't just stare at me like that, fix me up."

connor didn't meet his eyes, and fixed his tie. "so you fought with your sister's fiance?"

"you're still on this. it was a drunk bar fight, connor, let it go. let everything go."

"why did you guys fight?" poked connor. troye pushed his hands off, and fixed the tie himself.

troye sighed, and fixed his tux. "you know, some day your snooping is going to land you in big trouble."

connor frowned, and looked up at him. his eyes still a bit bruised, shades of blue and purple around his eye.

"it's not snooping! i'm just making sure you're okay." said connor, grabbing the tie and fixing it straight. "for both your sake and steele's."

troye rolled his eyes, and smiled. "i'm going for a drink, if-if that's okay. i wouldn't want to worry you and dad."

connor scoffed and nodded. "fine by me, i'm going back." he picked up the fake bouquet and placed it on one of the tables.

"you're not going to stay for the food tasting?" asked troye, glass in hand. "heard there might be some sushi."

"honestly don't feel like being in the same room as you any longer, you've exceeded my limit." with that connor walked away from the rehearsals and walked back.

**

"oh, you're home." said steele, towel in hand. "was going to step in the pool, wanna join?"

connor smiled and shook his head. "think i'm going to head up and nap. being out in the sun kinda tired me out."

"aussie sun isn't for everyone." they both laughed and parted separate ways. connor slumped onto the bed, and sighed.

as he turned his head, he saw a familiar colored notebook underneath his pillow. he glanced at the clock, sage and troye would come back in three hours.

he bit his lip, his hand already reaching for it before his brain said no. it wasn't his fault. troye left his notebook in his guest room, so technically he had a right.

and it wasn't like troye respected connor's privacy. walking into his room, kissing him, wearing his clothes.

he turned the front page - in small neat writing were the words "for him."