[28]

dan's words kept replaying in connor's mind as he sat down with the family for the first time. shaun, troye's dad, had a pout on his lip as laurelle explained to him that it wasn't leonardo.

"nice of you to join us." said troye, raising his eyebrows. "david take much of your time?"

"it's dan, and no he didn't." said connor, eyeing him. "just gave me some great advice about accents."

troye stared at him for a while, before turning away and talking to tyde. connor sat between troye and sage. a tactic obviously planned by either steele or tyde.

"hey butter bread," said tyde. "saved you some sushi. i know it's your favorite."

connor smiled. "thank you tyde, that's very nice of you."

"and we all know connor has a kink for nice people." commented troye. connor looked at him, furrowing his eyebrows. "am i mistaken?'

"obviously not since he isn't dating you." said sage, dipping her bread-stick into tomato sauce.

"i'm sorry, i don't remember asking you to talk." said troye.

"tokky!" said laurelle, frowning at him. "that is no way of talking to a lady, much less, your sister. apologize."

troye scoffed. "excuse me." he pushed his chair back, and went outside. shaun cleared his throat.

"i have a confession," said shaun. "i don't think that was leonardo."

**

"troye." said connor, following troye as he walked down the street. "troye!"

troye sighed, and turned around. "what?"

"what the hell was all that for?" said connor, crossing his arms. regretting not coming out without a sweater.

"what do you care? it's not your family." said troye, shaking his head, and starting to walk away.

"i thought we were passed this." said connor. troye stopped. "you being a complete dick-head to me. what? your parents come back and suddenly you become the dick i met in california?"

troye threw his head back, sighing. "fuck, connor, what do you want from me? i fucked you. i let you fucked me. i held your hand, i was nice. what else do you want?"

connor looked away from him. "is this what all of this was? you making up for the whole fake date thing?"

troye didn't respond. connor clenched his teeth, and looked up at troye.

"is that all it was, troye?"

troye looked away from connor. "i didn't know of any other way to say i'm sorry. you started acting all school girl around me so i figured-"

"-you figured you'd make me believe you actually like me. again." connor covered his mouth, his eyes watering. troye looked up at him.

"fooled you twice, shame on you, no?"

connor looked down at the ground, and chuckled. "you're such a dick, troye. i can't believe i trusted you."

troye nodded, smiling softly. "yeah, i am."

"i'm staying for your sage's wedding," said connor, starting to walk backwards slowly. "but then i'm going home."

troye nodded. "i'll tell my mom."

"no, i'll find my own ticket. i don't want you knowing when i leave." said connor, wiping the tears. he nodded, and turned away.

he looked down at the ground, but stopped. he turned around. "oh and troye?"

troye looked up.

"don't come back."