[37]

connor groaned, the light bothering his eyes. he slowly rose from the bed, and sat up. he looked to his side and saw troye asleep beside him. the sheets barely up to his torso, his hair in a messy way. he smiled to himself, and slowly pushed his fringe to the side.

troye stirred and opened his eyes. for some reason, connor blushed softly, and smiled down at him. the younger boy rolled his eyes, but lifted a hand to put on connor's cheek. connor leaned into it.

"morning." said troye, his voice raspy. connor leaned down, and laid his head on his chest. "i'll be back, connor." he whispered, hugging the boy.

connor sighed, digging his face into his chest. "i leave in three days, troye. you said you'd have to leave for five."

troye kissed the top of his head, and rubbed his back. "we'll be fine." he said, chuckling. "now c'mon, you have to go to rehearsal. c'mon, get dressed."

connor shook his head, biting his lip. "no. i'm not moving if you're not there, please. tyde needs you there, your sister is getting married, for fuck sakes."

troye chuckled, slowly lifting connor up. "c'mon, connie boy. get dressed, let me see you all nice and pretty." said troye, his eyes getting misty. connor shook his head. "connor."

"come with me." said connor, looking down at the bed where they felt so closed, but now seemed so far. he was losing him. why did it feel like he was losing him?

troye lifted his head up, and kissed the corner of his lips. "you'll see me in your cafe again, i promise."

connor wiped the tear that slipped. "fine." he said, stubbornly. he grabbed his scattered clothing, and started changing.

"connor." said troye, trying to grab his hands. connor shook his head, looking anywhere but at troye. "don't m-make this harder than it is."

"not everyone finds it easy just leaving." said connor. lacing up his shoes, he grabbed his bag. "see you never."

he pushed past troye, pushing his shoulder with his own.

"connor." said troye, chasing after him. connor's heart tightened. he came after him. "i love you."

he closed his eyes, breathing slowly. he bit his lip, feeling the tears fall down his face. "then go to the wedding."

"it's not that simple." said troye. connor turned around, and sniffled. "don't cry for me."

connor shook his head. "if you love me, if you mean everything you've said so far. then come to the wedding. if you don't-"

"please." whispered troye. "it's not that simple."

connor looked up at him. "if you don't, forget about me. your family deserves better than a son that's never there, unless it's convenient."