[36]

connor smiled, waving at the screen. "hi dan, hi phil."

dan and phil smiled. "hi connie, when are you coming home? if i have to make one more coffee for these hipsters, i might lose it." said dan, groaning.

"i like it." smiled phil. "so, when's the wedding?"

connor sighed, leaning back. "in like three days. the whole house is going crazy. i also have to tell you something, but not with dan in the room."

dan frowned. "okay, rude. anything he can hear, so can i. it's a team, you know. dan and phil, not just phil and occasionally dan."

connor rolled his eyes. "you're too judgemental."

"it's about tommy isn't it?" said dan, frowning.

connor shook his head. "it's troye, idiot. and yes, it's just. he, ugh." he blushed, covering his face.

"did he say he loved you?" teased dan

"did he say he loved you?" teased dan. connor smiled, looking down. "jesus on a boat, he told you he loved you!"

phil widened his eyes. "wow, that's wow."

connor nodded. "i, he told me it was okay if i didn't say it back. which i most likely won't. i mean, i have feelings for him. those are obvious, i really like him. but in the back of mind i keep thinking about all that he's put me through."

"con," said phil. "if he's told you he loved you, and you believe him, then why not give yourself the chance to feel it back. that sounded gross, to return it. there is nothing more worst than unrequited love."

dan looked down, and nodded

dan looked down, and nodded. "let things happen." said dan, smiling at connor. "he can't force you to feel the same things as he does. maybe down the line everything will be fine."

connor nodded, smiling softly. "thank you. are-are you guys okay?"

dan looked at phil, who smiled. "we will be." said phil, looking at dan.

"good. i love you both, goodnight."

"goodnight." they said in unison.

connor closed the laptop, and put it on the bedside table. he pulled the covers up and sighed.

"knock knock." whispered someone. connor quickly sat up, about to say troye's name when tyde turned on the lights. "sorry, heard you talking, which was probably porn. like you said, but i heard your voice. i don't know, i brought you some snacks."

connor smiled. "thanks tyde." said connor, grabbing them. tyde sat down on the edge of the bed. "you alright?"

tyde shook his head. "not really. i miss troye." he chuckled, and shrugged one shoulder. "i miss my brother."

connor pulled him into a hug, rubbing his back. "i'm sorry, ty."

"do you think he'll come to the wedding?" he whispered. connor felt his chest tightened.

connor closed his eyes. "i promise i'll do anything in my power to make sure he comes."

**

"no." said troye, picking at his food.

connor frowned. "don't be a dick. he misses you."

troye shrugged. "he needs to be a man. this will teach him, you're welcome." connor shook his head, pushing the elevator button. troye groaned. "even if i wanted to, i can't. i'm flying somewhere that day."

they stepped into the elevator, connor shaking his head. "whatever, troye. do what you want."

"what happened to anything in your power? is that all your fight, connie?" smirked troye.

connor shook his head, crossing his arms. "takes two to fight."

troye looked down. "i'm sorry, i can't."

"whatever." said connor, the elevator opening. he walked down to troye's room number and waited for troye to catch up.

troye hugged him from behind, digging his face into connor's neck. "i'll see what i can do."

connor hummed, leaning his head to the side. "do what you want."

"i plan to do what i want." whispered troye, opening the hotel door.