[15]

connor opened his eyes, the bright sun shinning in his eyes. he took in a deep breath and heard a knock.

"hii," said tyde, smiling at connor. "troye went out with some friends and told me to hang out with you."

connor scoffed. "he's ridiculous."

tyde sat down at the edge of the bed. "this used to be his room, you know." tyde looked around the room.

"why'd he move out?" asked connor, covering his yawn. tyde smiled, and shook his head.

"he got into this massive fight with my dad and well, he kinda just left. for a long time, a year i think. my mum kinda just figured he wouldn't be back, and redecorated into a guest room."

"where'd he go?" asked connor, sitting up on the bed. tyde shrugged one shoulder, looking at the roof.

"dunno, ever since that day, he's been distant. he moved to america, he never called. only on holidays. it's like he's here, but he isn't all here." said tyde, his voice getting softer by the second.

connor patted his arm. "what if i take a shower, get dressed and you take me to your favorite breakfast place."

tyde smiled. "i'd like that! alright, i'll let you do you. i'll wait downstairs!"

connor watched as the young boy dashed out the door. he smiled, the smile not meeting his eyes. he felt sad. alone.

danielle howell — 00:00
con-bon, im sorry for throwing
that news at you w/out warning
please try to enjoy this vacation.
you deserve it.
phil says hi, btw. idk why he wouldn't
just text you but whatever. >_<

connor rolled his eyes fondly, and threw off the covers. he put his phone to charge, and was picking out his outfit when someone walked in.

"oh, you're here."

connor looked up and sighed. he turned back to rummaging through his luggage. "thought you were with friends?"

"you almost sound jealous, be careful connor, you might fall in love with me."

troye threw himself on the bed. "been there done that, my life is way better without you romantically." said connor, frowning. where was his–he turned and saw troye was wearing his beanie.

"stop staring at me!"

connor stood up, and grabbed the beanie off his head. "this is mine, you asshole. how'd you get it?"

troye pouted, fixing his hair. "with my hands, dumbass. how do you grab things?"

connor frowned, shaking his hair. "let me show you while i go grab a butter knife and stab you."

"butter knife?"

"don't grab my stuff!"

troye tilted his head to the side, his eyes big and round. "why a butter knife?"

connot grabbed his clothes, and scoffed. "whatever, im going to breakfast with your brother, so excuse me!"

he went to the bathroom and locked the door. he sighed and put his clothes on the sink. he turned the water on and closed his eyes.

"you're dating my brother!"

connor whined. leave me alone, thought connor.

"i can't believe you're dating my brother!"

connor remained quiet, his eye twitching.

"you'd think he would have better taste."

connor stepped into the shower, and tried to tune out troye.

"bet he bottoms," "did you kiss already?" "where you going?" "did he open the door?" "sooo cute!" "he can do better."

connor pushed opened the door, and rolled his eyes. "please leave."

troye lifted his head from the pillow and hummed. "nothing i haven't seen, i am gay."

"im not changing in front of you."

"ill pass the message to steele if you're big or not."

connor sighed and gripped the knot on the towel harder. "i'm not going with steele, i'm going with tyde."

troye stared at him. "what?"

connor put on some socks and sighed. "please le–" but troye was already half way to the door.

"my fucking pleasure." was the last thing he said before slamming the door.