[17]

troye glanced at connor, who just blushed and looked away. troye chuckled, rolling his eyes, and looked away. tyde looked at them both.

"besides the sexual tension, how did you like today, connor?" asked tyde, smiling at him.

connor laughed, his cheeks burning. "it was fun, you have great taste in clothing. thanks for the uh-kitten shirt."

tyde smiled. "of course! i wanted to buy you a shirt that'll remind you of me."

"and the shirt with a bunch of pussies will surely remind him of you, ty, since you can't seem to get some."

"don't be so bitter, tokky. you're angry i couldn't find you a cool shirt!" said tyde, sticking his tongue at him. "it's not my fault every shirt fits you like a fucking dress."

connor laughed and ended up choking on his drink. troye glanced at him. "sorry, that was hilarious."

"whatever."

troye stuck out his middle finger at them, and went ahead of them. tyde chuckled, and nodded at connor.

"he behaving any better?" asked tyde. connor nodded, and sipped his iced coffee.

"yeah, a little bit too much. i was looking at the books and this guy-"

"hot? or medium?"

"he was kinda hot, nice smile."

"ok ok continue."

"this guy came up to me, his name was joey. and we were starting to have a conversation when troye comes out of nowhere and holds my hand. and takes me back with you."

tyde furrowed his eyebrows and hummed. "joey? nice smile. i thought he left by now."

connor stopped walking, and grabbed his arm. "you know him? he said hi to troye but he brushed him off."

tyde bit hid lip and glanced at troye. who was ahead of them. "it's not my place to say why, but they never got along well. you should ask him."

"and them have my balls cut off. me and him, we never have regular conversations. it's not us."

"are you fuckers done kissing? you have the keys, ty." screamed troye. connor looked up at him.

troye crossed his arms. connor couldn't help but find him adorable. he rolled his eyes at himself.

"just ask him, you'd be surprised." said tyde, and ran towards troye. troye threw himself on top of tyde, and they ran inside.

connor walked towards the house, hands in pockets. his mind drifting off to when they were holding hands. he looked down at his hand, and blushed.

"oh?" said someone. connor looked up and saw a beautiful girl. "who are you?"

connor blinked. "i uh,"

"my plus one." said troye, appearing next to connor. he crossed his arms and raised his eyebrows. "what are you doing here sage, i thought you were on your early honeymoon."

sage crossed his arms. "and i thought you were straight and then decided to turn gay. not to mention leave to the states on a whim."

connor wished for a hole underneath him. he wished for tyde to come and take him away. for steele.

troye chuckled. "i see your grudge is still intact."

"you left me alone, troye." she said, the anger in her voice now leaving. troye sighed and grabbed connor's wrist.

"c'mon," said troye, walking away. connor nodded at sage and they both walked to connor's room.

connor opened the door, and troye laid down on the bed. sighing loudly.

"sorry," said connor. troye lifted his head to see him, then went back to staring at the roof.

"thanks for the charity words."

connor frowned. "i'm not pitying you, the last thing i want to do is pity you."

"why not?"

troye sat up on the bed and grinned. "i'm enough for your pity, aren't i? my sister hates me because of my sexuality. my big brother doesn't speak to me unless necessary. my baby brother feels like i abandoned him. i ran from my prob–you're right. i'm not your charity case."

he pushed himself from the bed, and walked to the door. connor stood in front of the door.

"move!" said troye.

connor shook his head. "tyde loves you, he misses you. it's so obvious in the way he is around you. your sister missed you too. your family misses you, how can you not see that?"

troye stared at him, his eyes scanning connor's face. "too good to be good for me."

connor was about to say something when troye pressed his lips against his.