[23]

connor picked at his food, the muffled sound of troye and steele arguing in the background.

"are they still going at it?" asked sage, sitting down beside connor on the couch. connor nodded, and smiled softly. "you okay?"

"yeah, i'm good, why?"

she furrowed her eyebrows. "because steele just caught troye with another guy, how does that not bother you?"

oh right, thought connor. "i'm devastated, i might cry soon. hand me a tissue!"

sage pouted and grabbed the tissue box. "i would be sobbing if joe ever cheated on me. i'm sorry, con!" she hugged him tight and sighed. "men!"

tyde sang as he walked down the stairs. "we'll go slow in high tempo!"

"ty-ty!" said sage. tyde hummed and looked at her. "will you come with us to the beach? troye cheated on connor with some bloke."

tyde raised his eyebrows. "did he?"

connor smiled and bit his lip. "it's tragic."

"i bet."

sage got up and smiled. "it's settled, i'm gonna go change."

she ran up the stairs. tyde glared at connor. "when are you going to tell her that you two aren't a couple?"

"i would, but she just. she thinks i can get troye to open up, and i couldn't find the heart to tell her we aren't a thing."

"as if."

connor turned to see troye, arms crossed.

"wasn't what you said when you kissed me." snapped connor back.

troye smirked at that. "we telling our bedroom secrets out loud now, connie?"

"you fucking someone isn't so much of a secret."

tyde laughed, but covered his mouth. "sorry."

troye rolled his eyes. "boys."

troye smiled and walked back up the stairs

troye smiled and walked back up the stairs. connor sighed and laid down on the couch.

"i might kill him, tyde."

tyde smiled and shook his head. "i don't think so. i think you two like it each. it's quite cute."

connor gagged. "gross, i might throw up."

tyde smiled. "that's the noise you make while choking on troye's dick."

"TYDE!"

**

"this is nice." said connor, eyes closed. sun warming up his body. "thank you sage."

"anything for my brother in law."

connor opened his eyes and looked at her. "hey, listen, about that."

"it's okay. troye told me." she smiled. "he came to see me while i was changing. i'm sorry for the misunderstanding."

connor glanced at troye, who was pushing tyde into the ocean.

"i've seen the way you look at each other. it's cute."

"i dont know what you mean." connor blushed and looked away from her.