[3]

connor closed today, the apron on his shoulder as he pulled the gate that locked his shop.

"closing already?" asked someone. he turned around to see troye, in a different leather jacket than the one before today.

connor nodded. "that's life, man. just when you think the coffee shop would be open, it's closed."

troye, hands in pockets, raised his eyebrows. "date then?"

"excuse me?"

"i said date then. c'mon, there's a nice park nearby."

connor hesitated, but went along anyway. gripping the peperspray in his pocket.

troye led the way, connor just following behind him. he watched as everyone turned to look at him, his back. how he'd look back at connor with a smirk.

when connor would ask, "what?", troye would only shake his head and keep walking.

they just kept walking. walking and walking. down the sidewalk near the river.

connor was tempted to take out his phone, and take a picture. and he did, despite the laughs he got from troye.

"i appreciate the simplicity of beauty in it's natural state." said connor, pressing the shutter button on camera.

troye smiled. "alright, wonderboy. let's keep walking."

"thought it was close."

troye used his head to gesture connor to keep walking, and walked anyways. connor jogged a bit to catch up.

"i get one explanation, no?" asked connor, biting his lip.

troye looked back at him, and nodded. he stopped by a bench, and lifted his jacket sleeve.

he pointed to a music note. "it's a music note, the end."

connor frowned. "i'm leaving!" he turned around and pretended to walk away.

troye smiled, grabbing his wrist to pull him back slowly. "i appreciate the art of music. happy?"

connor laughed, blushing at the sudden touch. "i am, thank you. how old were you when you first got your tattoo."

troye looked at connor, pulling his sleeve back down. "uh, fifteen. c'mon, just a bit more."

connor furrowed his eyebrows, had he said something wrong? he walked either way. gripping his pepper spray again.

"i want to get one."

"don't. doesn't match your personality."

"okay. i feel like you're insulting me."

troye stopped and looked back at him. "connor, i would never hurt you."