[34]

"what?"

troye chuckled, shrugging one shoulder. "i said that i love you, and you said that you should go." explained troye, chewing on the edge of his bottom lip. connor blinked, his entire face becoming hot.

"i, i don't know what to say." chuckled connor, sitting up on the bed. "i'm sorry."

troye smiled, putting a hand on connor's cheek. "don't worry, okay. say it back when you mean it. i'm not going to hold this against you."

"is this, is this so i don't leave you? are you one of those guys that spit those words out so i can stay with you? so i can have sex with you?" rambled connor. troye smiled, his thumb caressing his cheek.

"connor, breathe." soothed troye. connor took a deep breathe. "may i remind you that we already had sex like three times, already. each time gets better."

connor chuckled, shaking his head. "yeah, i guess you're right. thank you. i don't know what to say, thank you."

"for loving you? it comes natural." said troye. "now, you should go."

he kissed his lips softly, and sighed. "i'll see you later tonight. th-thank you, i'm sorry."

troye took connor's hand in his, and kissed every single finger. smiling against his knuckle. "don't stress. like i said, say it when you mean it. or don't say it at all, i'm not mad. i get it. i haven't exactly been boyfriend material, and we argue more than we love. a-"

"hey." said connor, cutting him off. "i like us, most of the time. i like you. you've changed, and i'm glad."

"all thanks to you, connie boy. congrats, you should write a book." troye smirked, raising his eyebrows. connor scoffed, and pushed his shoulder. "how to change a boy in another country, a book by connor franta."

"mellet." corrected connor. troye looked at him, smiling warmly. "i wanna hyphen."

"of course you do." troye rolled his eyes.

connor ran his finger up and down troye's hand, tracing patterns against his skin. "the title is a bit lengthy, maybe change ya boy in another continent."

"ah yes, continent, i knew that." chuckled troye. "i was shit in geography."

"have you ever thought of going back to school?" asked connor, leaning his head against his palm. "get a degree in something that you feel passionate about."

troye chuckled, looking out. "no, the thought never occurred. i guess i always saw myself as a lost cause, not really worth school." he looked down at connor, and smiled. "hey, don't give me that look. i have plenty of self-confidence to ignore that truth."

"you're smart enough." said connor, softly pinching his arm. "you just have to find something you're passionate about. find that fire behind those blue eyes."

troye looked at connor, then outside the window, a small smile appearing on his face. "there's a moon outside, you should go home."

"i already am."

troye snorted. "gross, leave my secret hideout now. i don't need this cheesiness."

"well apparently you love it." teased connor. troye's smile grew smaller, nodding. "sorry, too soon?"

he shook his head, and shrugged. "it's the sad truth, isn't it?"

connor leaned and kissed his cheek. "see you tomorrow?"

troye looked up at him, his hand going to his cheek, his thumb caressing his cheekbones. his eyes scanning all over his face. he nodded after a few minutes.

"see you soon."