[22]

he flipped the page and looked around. making sure no one was home or around. he took a deep breath.

"it's stupid, i know that. to think someone can have such a huge impact on your life that they can change it. that someone can change the colours of your eyes. the way you see things. how can someone identical to yourself change the way you think, breathe, love. when you can't change yourself."

connor sighed. he's going to hell for this, he thought. he shouldn't be doing this, he should be showering. or running. or putting it back before troye comes back.

even with that, he turned the page. "i think there's someone in my life. someone who might change the way i look at the world, at least try to. the thing with stubbornness is that we can't change the way you think. i think this is part of psychology, i don't know - i should've payed attention."

he sighed and slid the book where he found it. connor slid out of bed and opened the door to the shower.

**

"im thinking sushi," said tyde, menu in hand. troye and sage groaned. "what? not all of us ate glamorous plates of food nonstop."

sage smiled. "i did ask you to come, ty. don't act."

tyde pouted. "whatever, sage. i'm not even bitter. "

troye pushed steele to the side, and sat between connor and steele. connor smiled softly at him.

"hi," whispered connor, not making eye contact with him. "how was sushi?"

"gross," said troye, looking ahead. "sage threw up."

connor groaned. "glad i left."

troye smiled and raised his eyebrows. "now that's just sexist, connie. you can deal with my vomit but not my little sisters?"

"you smelled like a mix of vomit, alcohol and ass beat." said connor, pushing him away.

troye raised his eyebrows. "oh really now?" he pushed him back and tickled his sides. connor squealed and pushed him away.

"hi," said someone. everyone looked up. connor furrowed his eyebrows and looked over at troye then sage.

"baby!" said sage. she got up from her seat and hugged the guy. "con, this is my fiancé joseph. jo, this is my brothers boyfriend connor."

"boyfriend? wow, congrats troye!" smiled joe, shaking his head. troye smiled back and nodded.

"we're really happy," said troye. tyde scoffed. connor smiled and waved at him.

"nice to meet you."

joe nodded and turned towards troye. "can we talk?"

"what about?" said sage, pouting at him. "you just spent all evening with him while i tasted the food."

connor glanced at troye. "you know joseph, can't get enough of me."

sage smiled and kissed his lips softly. "talk then we're going out."

"i thought we were eating in!" whined tyde. steele patted his head.

"poor child. they're gonna fuck."

troye stood up and sighed. "if we're gonna talk let's do it already, i have a life."

connor watched as troye went to the backyard, joseph following behind. he couldn't help but watch them. everyone else carry on talking. connor just watched troye nod and roll his eyes at whatever joe was saying.