[6]

connor was walking down the hall when he heard the troye's accent. his heart sped up a bit, knowing that at once he had thought of that accent with likeness and kind.

now he hated it. he wanted it to be gone and out of his life. he hated australia.

"yo fagta."

he immediately cringed, what kind of insult is that? "what jc?" said connor, sighing.

"nothing, just wanted to see the face of humility. how's it feel to be the biggest idiot on the web?"

he looked up at him, then at andrea, jack and finn, then him. his blue eyes met his own, nothing in them that he saw before. but then again, he was acting.

"considering you have an attention span of three seconds, jc, i'm surprised you even remember that it even happen."

jc scoffed. "is this little twat insulting me?"

"twat? oh gosh, you're spending too much time with that australian dude, peanut brain. it's vagina not twat."

connor saw troye's lips twitch. he almost made him smile. no. he doesn't care.

"why are we even talking to him? let's go." said troye, pushing himself from the wall and walking past connor.

as he did, connor almost shit himself. he swore he heard troye whisper, 'good one.'

he felt his cheeks burn as the rest of them past him. he looked down at his shoes, and closed his eyes.

he couldn't let him affect him like this.

"i can't believe you said that," laughed dan, clapping his hands together like a walrus. which, of course, phil called dan out on it.

"leave me and my walrus-ness alone, philis." said dan, frowning. he turned back to connor. "can we start our plan now? before phil backs down."

phil sighed. "i don't like revenge, sorry for being raised with morals!"

the class bell rang, and they went to their seats. connor leaned onto the palm of his hand, and looked out the window.

"seat taken?" he heard someone ask. he didn't bother looking. he knew they weren't talking to him.

they had chosen where they sat, before he met dan and phil, and chose the only double seat by the window.

of course, no one sat beside him. but he didn't mind it, most days. he loved having the back seat and being alone.

"i said," someone pushed his shoulder. he looked up and met troye's blue eyes. "i'm sitting here."

he sat beside him, and leaned back. connor blinked. what?

"uh," he said, glancing over at dan and phil. they were staring at him in awe too. "alright."

troye hummed, and took out his notebook. he turned to a blank page, and tapped his pen. looking at the board.

connor stared at him. watching the outline of his profile. how he'd furrowed his eyebrows when the teacher said something. maybe confusing, maybe wrong. how he'd bite his lip, and how red his lips would turn for a few seconds after.

fuck, he thought. he looked back out at the window. he watched the big tree move in the breeze. the leaves fall in a euphoric matter.

"what's the answer?" asked troye, elbowing him. connor looked at him. "and you weren't even paying attention, great. now we're doomed."

"wh-what's the question?" asked connor, coming back to school.

troye shrugged. "it doesn't matter. we had to volunteer." he gestured towards the board.

the teacher had written some states and wanted the cities.

"sorry."

"whatever."

connor tugged on his sweater sleeves, and returned to his window pane. he closed his eyes and sighed.

he watched as troye turned to look at him. he felt his cheeks burn.

"do you know this one?" asked troye, putting his hand on connor's arm. connor felt his skin burn, but turned his attention towards him. "number five?"

connor looked at it, and felt like smacking the boy. "isn't it sydney?"

troye smiled, almost child like. "you know your geography."

"and you're an idiot."

"oh c'mon, franta. you're not still sad about that one half-date are you?" sighed troye. "really, it was nothing."

connor nodded. "you're right, it was nothing. truce?"

troye blinked. "uh," he furrowed his eyebrows. "yeah, sure."

connor nodded. "tell your friends to fuck off, or else." he turned back around to his window.