[19]

"where have you guys been?" asked tyde, jagga on his lap. sage squealed and ran to the dog. troye smiled and went up the stairs.

connor watched troye walk up the stairs, and was about to follow him when sage grabbed his hand.

"c'mon, i need to discuss something with you." she said, holding his wrist. connor followed her into the kitchen.

"i'm a bit tired," lied connor, yawning. "still getting used to the time zones."

sage sat down on the bar seat, and smiled at him. "so?"

connor tilt his head. "so?"

sage rolled her eyes. "when did you and troye get together?"

"oh!" said connor, scratching the back of his head. "listen sage, about that-"

"what the fuck did you do?" screamed troye, storming into the kitchen. he threw a notebook at sage. "who the fuck do you think you are snooping into my shit?"

sage picked up the notebook and looked like a deer in the headlights. "h-how did you find out?"

troye shook his head. "where the hell is it, sage?"

connor looked at troye. "hey, don't be so harsh."

"shut up!" snapped troye. glaring at him. "where is it, sage!"

she bit her lip and looked down. "it's in my room, troye i'm-" before she could finish, troye was already gone.

connor watched troye go up the stairs, a few moments later, the door slamming. sage sighed.

"i'm sorry, con."

he shook his head. "no, it's fine."

**

connor opened the door to the bathroom, the warm pajamas clinging to his body. he dried his hair with the towel.

"matches your eyes."

connor jumped and looked up to see troye on the bed. grin on his face. connor blushed, and shook his head.

"what're you doing here?" asked connor, going to extend the towel in the restroom. he came back into the room and crossed his arms across his chest.

troye smiled at him, and shrugged. "i miss my room."

connor sat at the end of the bed, and hummed. "well you saw it, no leave. i'm tired."

troye grabs connor's arm and pulls him down. connor huffs and holds himself over troye.

"what are you doing?" asked connor, cheeks burning. troye looked up at him, biting his bottom lip. connor made a move to get off him, but troye put a hand on his chest.

"my sister thinks we're dating?" asked troye, staring at his hand on connor's chest.

"that's my fault, sorry, i meant to correct her but she looked so happy knowing that we were dat-"

troye laughed, interrupting connor. connor frowned and was about to say something when troye pecked his lips. "let her believe whatever she wants."

"why are you doing that?"

troye furrowed his eyebrows. "doing what?"

connor shifted on his hands. "being nice, all touchy, and kissy."

troye shrugged and laid his forehead on connor's arm. "i'm tired and angsty."

connor chuckled, and laid down beside troye. "you can stay, just don't get a boner."

troye hugged connor's body and dug his face into connor's back. "no promises."

connor shook his head, and looked down at troye's hands on his stomach. "troye?"

"no, shut up. i'm tired."

"what was in that journal?"

"my nudes."

they grew silent for a while. connor was starting to drift to sleep when troye whispered, "my songs."