[24]

connor watched as troye leaned into the guy's side, his arm snaking around his waist. he sighed, and took a drink. he scanned the room and noticed someone looking at him. connor's face turned red, and looked back down at his drink.

"you made heart eyes at me but didn't approach, how shameful." said someone, pressing up against him. connor blushed, and stepped away from him. "oh, i see. you're not gay."

"n-no, i am." said connor, his face burning. "i just, i've never done this before."

the guy's face changed immediately. almost as if it had soften. "what's a baby cub like you doing here then?" he said, his voice almost drowning in the loud music.

connor shrugged one shoulder. "i was at the beach." laughed connor, gripping his drink.

"should've stay there, babe. people bite out here." said the guy, winking. connor smiled, and nodded. "my names dylan."

connor smiled, and nodded. "i'm connor, nice to meet you."

dylan smiled, and nodded

dylan smiled, and nodded. "do you want to get out of here? not, not like that. i'll buy you breakfast."

connor glanced over at troye, who was still hanging off some guy's body. "yeah, i'll like that."

just then troye looked up at connor, and they held their gaze as connor left the bar.

dylan extended his hand out. "c'mon, i don't bite. that hard, anyways."

connor smiled, and took his hand. they were a few feet away when someone called connor's name. he turned to see troye and his friend behind him.

"you're my ride home." said troye, the guy behind him kissing his neck. troye elbowed him in the chest, making the guy sigh. "where are you going? i'll meet you there."

connor glanced at dylan, who just shrugged. "get a ride from that leech, i'm getting breakfast with dylan."

"connor." insisted troye. "you're my ride home, and we promised steele we'd be home by 5."

"we can go another time." said dylan, squeezing connor's hand. "here, give me your phone. i'll text you."

"no. i always buy your little charades, get a ride home, troye. i'm going with dylan," said connor, pulling dylan along with him. troye called his name out again, but he didn't turn around. not this time.

**

3 hours earlier

connor watched troye with tyde, pushing him away when tyde wanted a hug. he sighed. sage's words ringing in his head. he finally found some courage in him, and went over to troye.

"can we talk?" asked connor. both tyde and troye looked up at him. "alone?"

troye hummed, and pushed tyde back again. "go away, ty-ty. my boyfriend wants to talk."

tyde scoffed, and stuck his tongue out at him. "fine with me, i'll go find a boyfriend of my own."

troye smiled and followed connor as they walked along the beach.

"you better not confess your feelings to me, connie. this is too cheesy."

connor ducked his head down, and listened to the ocean.

"oh my gosh you're confessing your feelings to me." laughed troye, grabbing connor's arm. "how cute. i'm flattered but you're not my type."

connor felt his face reddened. "n-no i wasn't. i just wanted to know why you told sage the truth."

troye smiled softly, and nodded. "yeah well, i don't appreciate us lying to my little sister."

connor nodded, and looked down at the ground. he looked away from the ground and out at the sea. "good, i didn't like lying to her. she's too amazing to be lied to."

"yeah, she is." whispered troye. connor sighed, and felt troye take his hand in his. "listen, i know you think you like me. but-"

"no," said connor, pulling his hand away from troye's. "i don't like you. i just, i wanted to thank you for not letting me keep lying to her. it's not fair."

"but i don't want you involved in the troubles i am in. you're too great for that. for me."

"that's-that's not what i wanted to say."

"yo! tronnor, time to eat!" screamed tyde. connor sighed, and nodded.

"we should go."

"let's walk somewhere else." said troye, raising his eyebrow. connor shook his head and started walking towards sage and tyde. "connie, come with me."

he turned to see troye pouting. he sighed, his heart clenching at the sight.

"fine," whined connor, following troye.