[18]

connor felt as someone shook him. he groaned and opened his eyes. "what is it tyde?"

tyde smiled, eyes crinkling. "it's brunch time, babe."

connor groaned, and sat up on the bed. rubbing his eyes. he nodded. "okay, i'll be down in a second."

he pushed off the covers, and slipped on some slippers. he walked down the stairs, and saw everyone gathered around the dinner table.

connor looked around for troye. "if you're looking for tokky, he left last night and hasn't come back."

connor nodded at sage, who raised her eyebrow and bit some bacon. "don't wait up for him, connor. last time he did this, he didn't come back for three years."

tyde laughed. "c'mon sagey, we're all friends here. drop the passive aggressiveness against troye."

sage rolled her eyes. "i'm suddenly not hungry."

connor looked down at his plate, and bit his lip. tyde sighed, and placed a pancake on connor's plate.

"you'll join me, right?" asked tyde, smiling at him. connor nodded, smiling back. "thank you, connor."

**

"knock knock," said someone knocking on connor's door. he looked up to see sage, who was biting on her bottom lip. "hi."

connor put down his computer and looked up at her. "uh, hi."

"i know i've been a bit of a bitch, but it's just. i haven't seen my best friend in years, you know. and so many things about it is so unclear." she sat down on the bed.

"it's okay, you don't have to explain it to me. it's your family problems, its fine."

she smiled and squeezed his knee. "i like you, connor. listen," she shrugged. "he promised to take me to a fitting, will you come with me?"

connor blushed, and nodded. "y-yeah, if you'd like."

**

sage giggled as they handed her some wine. "i feel bad for tyde."

connor thanked the lady, and took a bite of his cracker. "what do you mean?"

"he's tyde. i mean we were all close to him, but tyde the most. it sucks, he sucks. such an asshole." sage scoffed. "i wish i hated him."

connor nibbled the cracker. "he-he uh, he's a bit complicated."

"you two," she said, tilting her head. "you two are a thing right? he's changed, connor. his stupid sexuality changed him."

connor winced. "i-it wasn't his sexuality, i'm sure of it."

her eyes watered. "then why did he change? why would he leave like that."

connor bit his lip, and played with the glass. "i know for a fact he probably regrets it."

she sniffled and looked up at him. "y-yeah? what's he like, con? who is this new troye?"

connor chuckled, cursing his luck mentally. "he is a great actor, he likes pizza. he uh, works at a cafe. my cafe, with me. it's where we met. he loves you, everyone."

he saw troye walk in silently, raising his eyebrows. connor blushed and continued.

"he doesn't talk about his past much, but you, tyde, steele, your mom and dad. they all mean a lot to him. he loves you all so much."

sage laughed, and wiped the tears away from her face. "thank you."

"you should write my résumé."

sage turned around and chuckled. "you came."

"i promised i would didn't i?"

sage ran to him and hugged him tightly, crying into his shoulder. "i love you, bubby."

connor smiled and looked up at the worker. "sorry to interrupt but your dresses are ready."

sage sniffled and wiped her eyes. "okay, okay. you'll stay right? i'll be back."

troye sat down beside connor and chuckled. "first my mom, then steele, then tyde and now sage. is there a reason why you're wining over my family."

connor blushed as troye put his arm around the love seat. "still need jagga and your dad."

troye smiled softly. "yeah, maybe."