[26]

troye giggled as tyde said something. connor tried to think back to what he said but came up empty. it might've been for the fact that troye's leg was pressed against his. ankle twisted around connor's calf.

"you two seem awfully close," said sage, furrowing his eyebrows. "did you finally settle your differences?"

connor blushed, and looked down at his food. troye chuckled, and shook his head. "that's none of your business, little sissy. so tell me about your wedding. when's mum and dad coming?"

 when's mum and dad coming?"

sage smiled. "ignore the topic all you want, both of you. all i'm saying is that i'm glad you're glowing."

"i bet they had sex." said steele, cutting his steak.

"or a heart-to-heart conversation, pig!" said tyde. troye laughed.

"you're the piggiest pig of them all!" said sage.

tyde pouted. "am not!"

"okay but a few days ago i was choking and you said that's how i sounded on troye's dick." said connor, laughing.

"that's not how you sound." said troye. connor widened his eyes and hit his arm.

"troye!"

"OH MY GOSH THEY FUCKED!" screamed tyde. everyone in the restaurant turned to look at them.

"oh my," connor covered his face, laughing. steele snorted as tyde turned red.

"sorry." whispered troye. connor shook his head and pinched his arm.

"such a dick." smiled connor. troye stuck his tongue out at him.

**

"probably the best dinner i've ever had." said steele, rubbing his stomach. connor smiled.

"thanks sage for the treat." said connor. sage smiled back and shook her head.

"not my budget, joe helped pay for it."

"ugh." said troye. connor looked at him, furrowing his eyebrows. "what? he's obviously trying to win us over."

tyde laughed. "he has me eating at his palm if his palm is that steak."

sage smiled. "glad you're all keen on him because he's staying at the house until mum and dad come back."

"uh no," said steele.

"for once we agree. i don't need to hear you two fuck." said troye, walking ahead of them.

"you literally fucked connor last night, what's the difference?" said sage. steele looked at connor.

"i'm right here." said connor.

troye rolled his eyes. "i'm sorry princess sage isn't getting her way. no way dad agreed to this."

"he's my husband!" she yelled. "he's coming over."

troye sighed. "i don't care? bring him over, see if i care."

"really? because it seems like you fucking care a lot." said sage, crossing her arms. "what? got a thing for him?"

"sage," said tyde. she shook her head.

"no! what's your fucking problem?"

troye smiled and shook his head. "i'm sorry a brother can't worry about his sister without being accused of something. i'll see you all at home."

troye walked ahead, hands in his pockets. connor bit his lip. debating whether or not to follow him.

"go." said steele, patting connor's back.

"but what about sage?" asked connor, glancing at her. she had gone back inside the building.

"we both got sage," said tyde. "meanwhile no one has troye. i'm sure he wants no one but you."

connor chuckled. "these last few days that sure seems like the case, but you never know with him."

steele squeezed connor's arm. "he needs you as much, maybe more, than you need him."

connor nodded slowly, and followed the  path troye walked. he hugged himself. he couldn't help but think of all the times he's chased after troye and the lack of times troye chased after him.