Winter wonderland disaster

"I love you so much baby girl." Matt whispers in my ear as I lay curled up in his arms, taking in his familiar scent.

"I love you to" I mumble into his chest, cracking a smile as he brushes his fingers through my hair and kisses my cheek. I look up as I hear the sound of my phone going off, indicating a new tweet. I furrow my eyebrows as I read it.

@/brittxfulton: @yourtwittername stay away from Matt you bitch or else shit is gonna happen

Tears immediately well up in my eyes as I read the tweet, shocked at those words. Who the hell is this bitch?

"You ok babe?" I hear Matt whisper in my ear, his voice filled with concern.

"Yea everything's fine." I choke out. "Just tired." I mumble, closing my eyes hoping to fall asleep and forget about the tweet as fast as possible.

"Alright goodnight baby girl." Matt says before I drift off. I bury my face in his chest, feeling safe in his arms.
-

I wake up, still in Matt's arms.

"Morning!" I mumble, stretching out my legs and arms. I turn my body to face Matt. I kiss his nose and then his lips, his eyes fluttering open at my touch.

"Good Morning beautiful." He smiles before sitting up and yawning. I admire his messy morning hair, and his well built bare chest.

"Wanna go for a walk in the woods today?" I ask, looking at the winter wonderland outside my window. Winter has always been my favourite season. Big cozy sweaters, lots of cuddling, and of course Starbucks peppermint mochas.

"Sounds great." Matt smiles and leans in to kiss me. I capture his lips and kiss back, our lips moving in sync. My phone suddenly dings, making me pull away and receiving a groan from Matt. I giggle before reading the tweet I got.

@/brittxfulton: Break up with Matt in the next 2 hours, or your dead!

I cringe slightly as I read the message. She's obviously just trying to scare me, so I push it off and go get ready to go for a walk. I apply light makeup and put on black jeans, one of Matt's hoodies, a beanie and my big comfy jacket to keep me warm.

"You ready babe?" I nod and head out the door, grabbing Matt's hand and lacing our fingers together. We follow the small snow covered path that leads to the forest next to my house. I take a deep breath, the cold breeze tickling my nose, my cheeks already rosy pink.

"I love winter" I chirp, bouncing around excitedly.

"Me too, I'm so excited for Christmas!" Matt squeals like a little girl. I giggle in response and nod my head.
A branch cracking somewhere beside us catches my attention. I furrow my eyebrows, suddenly getting the nervous feeling of being followed. Thoughts of the tweet I got earlier wash over me. I bite down on my lip and move closer to Matt.

"I thought I told you to stay away from him!" My eyes go wide and I spin around, stopping dead in my tracks. I gasp as I see a hooded person standing in front of me, the face in unclear but it's clearly a women's voice. This can't be real.

"What the hell!?" Matt yells, pulling me to his side as he sees the person. I let out a scream as the person pulls out a gun from her pocket and aims it at me.

"I warned you." She yells before pulling the trigger. I scream, expecting a sharp pain to shoot through my body, but I feel nothing. I open my eyes only to find myself laying on the snowy ground, Matt hovering over top of me.

"M-Matt?" I choke out. He smiles weakly and falls down beside me. The snow beside him starts to turn red.

"NO! Matt no no" I scream in frustration seeing blood seep from his chest, covering his grey hoodie and the ground around him.

"Hey hey, look at me. I love you. All that matters is that your safe." He whispers, coughing as his eyes start to fill with more pain.

"That should've been me." I cry, holding his limp body in my shaky arms. "I don't wanna live without you."

"I love you so much." I whisper in his ear. His breathing starts to hitch and his eyes flutter close as he takes his last breath. I let out a scream before jumping to my feet. The girl, Brittany, has disappeared, leaving me behind with Matt's lifeless body. The love of my life, dead, gone. Forever. My heart seemed to have shattered in a way that is unfixable.

"Y/N wake up! We're here! We're meeting Matt in a few minutes!!" I wake up to my friend shaking me a squealing in my ear.

"W-what?" I question her, furrowing my eyebrows. Was it all just a dream? Matt isn't really dead?

"You fell asleep while we were waiting for the meet and greet to start." My friend chuckles at my blank expression. I gasp and leap onto my feet just as the line up starts to move.
I start to hop around nervously as only two girls are infront of me until I meet Matt.

I leap into his arms as it's finally my turn, trying to hold back the tears that are welling up in my eyes. Matt looks into my eyes, furrowing his eyebrows and biting down on his bottom lip making me blush like crazy.

"Have I met you before?" He chuckles, studying me carefully. I blush more and giggle, shaking my head.

"No this is my first time meeting you." I say shyly, looking down at my feet. He lifts my head up and kisses my cheek.

"Maybe I've seen you in a dream." He laughs before hugging me one last time. Wow, it's been a crazy day. Only question is, who is Brittany, and why was she in my dream.
I snap out of my haze as I bump into someone. I look up to see a pretty girl standing in front of me.

"Oh I'm so sorry." She says apologetically.

"Oh don't worry that was totally my fault. I'm y/n by the way." I say, introducing myself to her kindly.

"Nice to meet you, my name is Brittany" she chirps.
-