Our tree

I flick through the tv channels while laying on my couch in my cozy apartment. A yawn escapes my mouth as I try to keep my eyes glued to the tv.
My eye suddenly grow wide as I skip over a channel, I quickly go back to it and sit up as I pay attention to it. It's the news but they are talking about something that has caught my attention.

Today the city is cutting down the big oak tree next to our park, to make space for a new grocery store which will be built within weeks.

That's all I need to hear before I leap to my feet and race up the stairs to my room to get dressed. You're probably thinking 'why is she making such a big deal about some tree?' Well that tree isn't just any tree, it's the tree where I fell in love with the boy of my dreams. Matt was his name. Sadly we broke up 3 months ago and the tree is all I have left from him.

Flashback

"Matt?" I turn my head looking for Matt who texted me to meet him by the park.

"Up here princess!" I hear his familiar beautiful voice coming from above me. Quizzically I look up only to find Matt sitting in the big oak tree. I giggle as I begin to clump up it, using branches to pull musket up. I sit next to him as he wraps his arm around my waist securely and kisses my cheek.

"Y/n, there's something I need to tell you." Matt whispers. My heart begins to beat fast as if it's about to pop out of my chest.

"what is it?" I breathe, turning my face to look into Matt's glistening eyes.

"I've never been as happy as I've been with you. You make my world complete, you're like the key to my happiness. And I've realized that, I'm madly in love with you." Matt says gripping my hand tightly in his. Tears start to well up in my eyes at his words.

"Matt, I love you too!" I cry. Matt grins widely and wraps his arms around me in a hug, almost making us fall off the tree. I giggle and plant a sweet kiss on his lips. Goosebumps ran across my body. Matt pulls out a small pocket knife and turn to face the tree stem. I watch carefully as he starts to carve our names into it.

Forever and always

He writes below it with a heart next to it. I smile widely as we sit there on the tree for the rest of the day, comfortable in each other's presence.

End of flashback

I snap out of my thoughts as I run out to my car, wiping away the tears that are falling down my cheeks. I drive as fast as I can to the park which is only a few minutes away from my apartment. I park the car across the street, slamming my car door shut before sprinting across the street to where the tree is still standing. I can see a few city workers wearing construction outfits, making their way over here. Tears well up in my eyes again as I walk up to the tree and start to climb up it, selling at the branch that Matt and I sat on over a year ago. My eyes scan the tree stem until they stop on the carvings that Matt had made. My hands trace over the letters.

"Forever and always." I whisper, tears falling down my cheek.

"Y/n?" I hear a voice below me making me peak over the edge. I gasp as I see Matt standing below me with tears in his eyes.

"Matt?" I breathe. I quickly climb down the tree and stop infront of Matt. He hesitates before engulfing me in a hug, as we both begin to sob.

"I'm sorry, I miss you so much." I cry into his shoulder. His arms tighten around my waist as he pulls me closer to his body.

"I miss you too baby girl. When I saw that they're cutting down the tree I just had to come." Matt cries. I pull away from the hug and look into his eyes.

"God I can't live without you anymore Matt" I exclaim, hopping he feels the same way.

"I love you, Forever and always princess." Matt smiles before crashing his lips on mine. I kiss back with love and passion, his hands are placed on either side of my face pulling me closer.

Someone clears their throat behind us making us pull apart as we turn to look who it is. A city worker is standing there awkwardly with a big chainsaw next to him.

"You two need to move, were cutting down the tree now." The man says in a deep tone. I look up at Matt sadly.

"No." Matt growls.

"What?" The city worker looks confused.

"If you wanna cut down this tree then you're gonna have to go through us" Matt snaps, taking my hand and leading me closer to the tree where we both start to climb up it, sitting on our branch.

The man rolls his eyes and picks up his phone making a quick phone call before turning back to us.

"Well you two love birds are in luck. Apparently this tree isn't the tree that supposed to get cut down. Sorry for the mistake." The man says before picking up his chains saw and walking off. I turn to face Matt with a huge grin on my face. Matt engulfs me in another hug and places a kiss on my cheek.

-

Matthew Espinosa Imaginesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें