Wanderlust

I sharply inhale a breath of fresh air as I take one last look behind me before grabbing my bag off the ground and hopping on the grey hound bus.
My final destination; who knows.

I take a seat at the very back of the bus. It's rather empty which is good. I pull out my small pillow from inside of my bag and lean my head against the window. The lights of the city slowly start to fade away as the bus drives on.

After a good 20 minutes, the bus comes to a stop and two more people get on. From what I can see, it's an elderly women and a boy who looks to be my age. As the elderly women sits at the front, the boy continues to walk down the lit up isle way to where I'm sitting. He glances at me before sitting right next to me. I lift my head up from the window and look at him, studying his face as he watches me.

"Hey I'm Matt." He says after several awkward seconds. I raise my eyebrow and slightly smile at him.

"Y/n" I introduce myself to him. He smiles back at me.

"Where you heading?" He asks me, running his hand through his dirty blonde hair.

"No idea. Just want to get away from home and explore." I hum, laying my head back against the window and closing my eyes.

"So you're running away from home?" Matt asks me quizzically making my eyes flutter open.

"I guess that's what you could call it." I chuckle and sit up straight again.

"Well, mind if I tag along?" Matt asks, slinging his arm over my shoulder and smiling down at me slyly. I shiver at his touch.

"Going to who knows where with someone I just met? Sounds awesome." I laugh. I lean my head back against the window and look out the window. Everything is completely dark out and the stars are shimmering in the sky.

"You can lay your head in my lap if you want, might be more comfortable." Matt whispers. I hesitate before nodding and gently laying my head in his lap. This might be weird since I literally just met him but then again, I am running away from home with no destination, besides he super nice and really cute.

His fingers start to fiddle with my long hair. I stare up into his eyes which are shimmering from the slight lights of the bus.

"Oh sorry." Matt notices me staring and stops playing with my hair.

"No, it felt good." I whisper. Matt smiles and starts to comb my hair with his fingers like he did before.

"You're really pretty, y/n." Matt mumbles, barely audible. Even in the dark I can feel the heat rising up into my cheeks.

"I never asked you why you're running away." I breath, my stare flickering to his plump lips.

"I crave adventure, just like you. I hate just sitting around at home watching the time pass by." Matt whispers. His fingers trail down my cheek. He runs his thumb over my lips, his eyes flickering back and forth between my lips and eyes.

"Can I kiss you, y/n?" I slowly nod my head, lost in his eyes. He leans down, his lips brushing against mine making me crave him. Matt presses his lips on mine, electricity exploding throughout my body, sending goosebumps down my back. Matt pulls away and smiles.

"Goodnight beautiful. I'm excited to adventure this world with you." Matt whispers as my eyes flutter close.

-

Yea yea, it's crazy that she kissed him cause they just met, but it is an imagine 😉
Xoxo