♦03♦ - Offering

I never felt such intensity and worry as I picked up my phone. It was probably the creepy hotel aura I was smuggled up in, but after today's incident, I was afraid of anything else that'd happen to me.

I anxiously looked at the caller ID, not recognizing the number at all. I let confusion get the best of me and swiped my finger over the screen to answer the call.

"Hello?" I asked, still slightly in my sleepy daze, although the unease was slowly starting to wake me.

"Yuichiro..." a deep voice said into the speaker, making me jump. It was deep, risque, and smooth, like they were intending to be threatening, yet compromising. "Yuichiro Amane?"

I swallowed hard, sitting up slightly. "Y-Yes..."

"Yuichiro, I sincerely apologize to call you so late, but I hope you can forgive me with my offer."

I found it hard to speak, not expecting such a kind of introduction at all. "Uh, who is this?"

There was an awkward silence on the other line. "I am... uh - I work in the building you were just in earlier. You spilled coffee on me."

My heart raced, feeling purely apprehensive. Why did I have a feeling that I was going to get in trouble again? - the incident earlier today. I was completely drained of money. If I was about to get charged again, my parents would completely disown me.

I also could not believe that the innocence in the angelic boy I had witnessed earlier owned a voice this deep and menacing, yet so seductive. It was another thing that made me so curious as to how someone that goddamned mysterious and striking could've wound up on this planet. Even as a guy, I had to admit his voice was pretty damn hot... which was weird.

"Oh, crap, I, uh..." I got off the bed and began to pace, feeling myself sweat. There was no way I could reply with more than an apology. I had no money left and nothing left to give up. "Hey, I am so sorry about that... I was having the worst day, I really didn't see you there,"

"Do not fret," he quickly spoke, his deep voice slightly raised in mercy. "I will keep this conversation simple and incognito. If you deny me, I will end our call and you will not hear from me again, but can you promise me not to mention that you were on a phone call with me?"

All the words, simple and strict. This guy was mightily menacing. I felt extremely threatened by him, almost afraid, but I still nodded my head as if he could see.

"Uhh, sure," I nervously said, plopping back down on the edge of my bed. My heart raced so fast until the point where it ached.

"I have heard that you were in need of a job, and I am offering to make you a deal. I am not certain of your acceptance of the job, but I have a high chance of your welcome - that is, if you are willing... Are you?"

How the hell did he ever figure that out? Was I being spied? How did he even get my number in the start? I had to be being spied... I averted my gaze to the window in the small, cold hotel room, but saw nothing but the twinkling city lights. Then again, I could be being stalked from a distance, which made me shiver. I was beyond uncomfortable.

"I am pretty sure that I'm not allowed back in there," I nervously said through a chuckle as I bit down on my thumb.

"Under my custody, you will be." His voice sounded more of a threat than a reassurance.

A chance for a job... I highly doubted I would ever be allowed back in there, but seeing how certain he seemed in his tone and how formal he spoke, he seemed to have some highly-powered position in that building. Though, seeing the mishap I had caused earlier, I still highly doubted this.