♦07♦ - "Mika"

He walked me into a massive office with multiple desks this time, unlike the other rooms with a singular desk, all congested with large desktops and posters. Most of them, I guessed, were of the other models Mikaela spoke of, probably all Jeunesses since they looked very young.

I followed him to a white desk with a large black chair behind it and two smaller gray chairs sitting in front of it.

"When my boss comes out," Mikaela warned, glancing at me from the side. "Address him like he were carrying the freshest, coldest water you've ever tasted, and you were dying of thirst."

I nervously nodded, fumbling with my fingers. He pressed a small buzzer on the table, then waited patiently with crossed arms. He seemed just as apprehensive as I felt, his jaw tightened and face slightly flustered. This must've been his first time fighting for something this big. Was it? Was I a big enough deal to make him this worked up?

Shortly after, a tall male with a dirty blond quiff and brown eyes masked on a slightly aged face stepped out of the doorway off to the side of the desk, giving Mikaela a slight smile as he walked over.

"Jeunesse, good morning," his deep voice boomed as he shook hands with him. Mikaela densely smiled back, yet I could still see the timidness behind his eyes.

"Good morning, sir, how are you?"

"I could be better with a coffee, but I am doing just fine," he joked, Mikaela forcing a nervous laugh. "And yourself?"

"Good, good." He suddenly placed a hand on my shoulder, making me flinch. "I'd like you to meet Yuichiro Amane, someone whom I hope to work with in the future under your approval today."

His boss froze for a moment, slightly tilting his head. "Work with, Jeunesse?"

"Yes, I was hoping I could merge on an approval with you to take him into my custody."

That caused an awkward silence. But to my relief, he shook my hand and listened to what Mikaela intended to say.

"Alright, explain yourself," he started as we all sat. Mikaela took a deep breath that only I could hear, and I watched him from the corner of my eyes.

"I was with high hopes to find an assistant soon to be an aide to me on my pursuits throughout the day, and I have been without one in neutral standards, but I believe that he could be my step up."

The tall man folded his hands under his chin, bobbing his leg under the table. He eyed me briefly, an unreadable admiration, but I tried to remain as calm and serious as possible. I was just as agitated as Mikaela if not more.

"So you want a personal assistant? A direct aide?" he questioned in more detail, tapping his fingers on the desk in a rhythmic pattern.

"Yes."

A personal assistant. That definitely sounded more deeply dutied than just the plain assistant Mikaela referred to as.

"Yuichiro, do you have job experience in aiding?" he asked me with a slight head tilt.

I could hear Mikaela praying in the distance. "I have a bachelor's degree in technological design courses, which I completed in two years instead of four. I've been told I'm excelled behind a computer screen and can program and deprogram a computer in under twenty minutes, although that is one of my more intellectual prides."

His boss seemed impressed, nodding slightly. I glanced at Mikaela from the side of my eyes, his eyes gaping at my presence slightly. Boom. I had impressed him. I smugly smirked to myself.