♦43♦ - Mine

Day Five in Paris.

I got the painful reminder of the "business" part of the "business trip" later in the day while Mika and I were watching TV. Just when I thought we were allowed to leave the resort for a leisurely escape, Mika explained he had another meeting.

I swore I could've cried.

"Why?!" I whined, hugging him down on the bed as he insisted on getting up.

"Because," he sighed, trying to pry my fingers.

"Don't leave me," I dramatically groaned. I had maneuvered on top of him now, snuggling him a breath-cutting grip. I had intertwined my legs with his so there was really no escaping. He sighed again, deeper this time.

He combed his fingers through my hair. "You know you are coming too, right?"

I couldn't tell if that was better or worse.

I grunted. "Why can't we just go explore the city and hold hands and do the cheesy stuff?"

"Because I dragged you into a job where sometimes you can't explore the city and hold hands and do the cheesy stuff."

"You mimicking bastard," I snapped, letting him escape my grasp. I rolled onto my back, staring up at the tall ceiling in utter defeat.

Since when did I become such a living chick-flick...

He sat on my lap with a bawdy half-smile and his soft torso exposed invitingly to me under his thin, lacy cardigan. He ran his thumb over my lips, earning an odd stare from me. He told me, "Be a good boy and I will convince them to let me steal you for a night... All for myself... Anywhere you want to go..." Somehow his finger had now destined in a threatening pause just above my underwear.

"Okay... But," I broached, my eyebrows knitting slowly together in thought. "I want to do something romantic. Something where we can do just whatever and we'll look back on it and just have the saddest nostalgia."

His gaze was calm and innocent against mine, almost confused. "Yuu, I am not as romantic as I appear..."

"Then I'll teach you," I smiled, watching his face blend into a shade of pink. "That's just as good a date to me as any."

He appeared stunned for a minute, his expression soft and breathing slow. Then he leaned down to me, our faces comfortingly close. "You are the most precious thing to me." He softly kissed my lips, it feeling different this time. "Thank you."

Then in a sudden remark, he left the most bittersweet kiss on my neck, the bruise symbolizing more of a possession than an affection.

~

No matter how many times I adjusted my collar, the dark red love mark was still visible. Mika could see I was struggling with it in the limo, a smirk playing on his lips.

"What was that for?" I snickered, luckily the partition keeping the conversation more secreted.

He seemed uneasy, like he had a cloudy bond with an invisible essence in the car. "I will not be with you the whole time. I do not like the idea of you out somewhere without me..."