♦24♦ - Like An Animal

"First reviews on your first pamphlet, ready to see?" Viníce began, holding up the very first magazine I was featured in ever since I began to model at Mystique Doll. I shivered in excitement, eagerly nodding my head. "Take a look, beauty."

After she placed the magazine in my lap, I already found my name labeled somewhere on the front. I read the subtext.

Jeunesse Mikaela Shindo! A new addition to Poupeé Mystique! Three additions inside!

"Ah!" I nervously exclaimed, flipping to my page. She chuckled, sitting down beside me.

"You aren't on the front covers just yet, but you soon will be," she assured me, smiling at my eagerness.

There and bold was one of first shoots at Mystique Doll that I had been in. It was a spring attire - I was wearing a pastel yellow shirt with tight white jeans. They had me sitting on a little pedestal, and I was super excited, smiling happily with my hair tousled.

Looking at it now, it would've reminded me of the simple times and good memories of my earliest days at modeling. That was near the last shoot I had taken with an earnest smile before my first molestation.

I awed, reading the comments at the bottom.

"He's so cute! I can't wait to see more of him."

"My little sister has a huge crush on this kid... He looks like a girl. I think she's gay."

"Nice ensemble, might consider this for my next outfit."

"Ugh! I want to have his children!"

I laughed, flipping through more of the pages.

"One of the reviewers claimed they want to have children with me!" I told Viníce through a laugh, gazing at her happily. I had my first admirers.

"Ah, I see," she exhaled, brushing the hair out of my face. "I bet many do. They're just using you though, Mikaela. You won't be able to ever conceive children."

I furrowed my eyebrows, setting the magazine back to my lap. "Why not?"

"For that exact reason. They want your children-" she leaned in, my ecstatic mood soon sinking into a dark abyss "- not you."

I understood the Zoo Concept that day. I was a mere animal caged by my contract in the zoo that was fame. People could look at me and take pictures and stare at me through the bars, but never own me. That's the only thing the bars ever did for me. Keep me away. But not under all circumstances, in this contract.

Either way, I was just like an animal.