Excerpt 2 ♦ Tasteless Envy

"I will find you after," I said to Yuu, with all that urge of needing to protect him just floating throughout me - as if it were apart of my bloodstream. A new kind of cell. I did not wish to be separated from him. I adored him far too much. He was sweet, gentle... He humored me. He'd done things for me that no one else had performed.

Like show me genuine love.

But we had been escorted apart.

He was ordered to sit just aside and below me on the floor, the glass walls of our booths still making him within my sight.

I did not want him out of it.

I hated this. I hated this with all of me. I did not want to be separated from Yuu like we were. Especially since I had accepted the fact that I obtained an infatuation with him - despite me unwillingly not knowing what to do with it.

It was like having a pet that wasn't exactly your favorite, yet you adored it...

All I could process was that I wanted him by me and no one else around him, yet when I achieved this, I had no idea what to do. Do I kiss him? Have sex with him?

No, Yuu is not a toy, Mikaela...

It is hard, sometimes.

We gazed at one another through the glass, my heart pounding at his beauty and my face hot with the desire to kiss him. He was... Striking. Contrastive details like his bright emerald eyes and dark hair, they swooned me. So opposing yet so harmonically laced together in such coordination and balance...

Oh, everything about Yuu... His lips, they look so soft, hair like down feathers and skin so lively under the dining hall lights.

What? Why are you looking away?

I pressed my face to the glass, watching his attention much like my own to him be only directed to a magnificent dish of pasta. Thick and creamy, wonderfully seasoned and steaming on a porcelain-white plate.

Then he looked back at me.

And he boastfully grinned.

I was enraged with love. Envious yet thirsty for his attention.

Have your fun, Yuu. Lord, I want to claim you...

Great. The spokesman. The irritants. The proprietors. They are speaking to me.

One of them is a woman. She asks me the questions. The other is a man. He is security.

I only care for Yuu.

I looked back at him. Irresistible habit.

He teased me - hell, he boasted. He seductively devoured that pasta knowing I was watching... Sauce plastered around his pink lips, eyes locked with mine undoubtedly as an innuendo.

I liked Yuu, and I liked pasta. But I did not like this.

It was rude!

"Faites attention!" the lady jokingly called to me, snapping her fingers and flinching me back into reality. "Pay attention!"

I nodded, sitting on my hands.

Fuck you.

I did what Yuu would have liked me to do - which was my job. This stupid interview. What were they even asking me? Why are you asking me? Of all people? Oh, I am popular? Forgive me.

I forgot.

A boy. I didn't know him, had no liking or hatred towards him, but he was near Yuu, so he was not on my good side.