♦37♦ - Walk, Walk

Day One in Paris.

I nearly got my pants torn off as Mika and I finally connected with the people who safely got us in the convention. What a life.

The convention was massive. It was like another world within our own. I had to admit I felt slightly threatened by the humongous chandeliers with crystal sculptures that could've taken someone's head off. But they were beautiful, twinkling rainbow radiants and glows throughout the dining hall. It was unforgettably fascinating.

I nearly tripped over a dining chair.

"Yuu?!" I heard his voice but didn't see his face. I bumped into a smaller girl, both of us startled. She nervously yelled something to me over the commotion but I couldn't understand a word. Mika never gave me lessons.

"Mika?" I nervously shouted back. I was swarmed by bodies. It was like a river of humans. Disturbing, yet interesting. Finally a hand caught my wrist, yanking me on. They were apart of the escorts.

I still couldn't believe this was Mika's life. In a way, the exhilaration was to die for. I loved it.

~

Half of the Skittles team was for me, half for Mika. I was his good ol' assistant again for his appearance. As usual, I was horribly confused as to what was going on. All I knew was that the entire backstage of the fashion show smelled like rich people and things I could never afford.

The two I had tied my tie for me, answering any questions I mustered up.

"Where's Mika?" I would ask, holding out an arm as they rolled up my cuffs.

"Backstage, love! He's just down the corridor. People are so ecstatic to see him again," Green told me. I nicknamed him Green because he typically wore green, and the lady typically wore pink.

"Can he hear us?" I pushed, fiddling with the wired microphone reaching across my face.

"If his in-ear is in, maybe!"

I had so many questions.

"So... I'm going to witness an actual fashion show?" I asked to them, spritzed with fancy cologne.

"Mhm."

"Is Mika in it?"

"Oh, sweetie you'll see!"

Was I annoying them?

"Is there food here?" I finally asked, which made the two of them glare at each other.

"Yes!" they replied simultaneously.

I laughed.

I heard faint applause begin along with cheers. I wouldn't even be able to understand a word of this. Maybe a bonjour. Luckily my part of the team were my translators, along with Mika.

A wave in front of my face woke me out of my funk. "Alright, dear, sit here. You should hear Mika soon in the in-ear. Make sure you tend to him if needed!" Pink told me, which sounded kind of a dirty invitation. But I was excited. I felt like a spy.

"Hell yeah, bring it on," I whispered, plopping down on the spinny stool, which I found amusing quite quickly. I spun a little in it, dancing to the faint music. I was making the most of my situation in my defense.

They were outta there. Quite tired of me. I stared at myself in the vanity, making faces. Already, I was getting so bored. I wondered who else was here... Was I allowed to leave my spot?

The music seemed to go on forever.

A minute.

Couple more.