♦38♦ - Table Manners

Never had I ever witnessed someone so disappointed in me. I mean, besides my parents.

Maybe Mika was just internally battling his own humiliation, or maybe deciding what he'd eat for dinner...

Either way, he shot looks at me whenever I tried to speak to him in the limo.

Skittles Team was perfectly content, reminiscing on it like it didn't just happen maybe an hour ago. At least on the bright side, we were headed for dinner, where maybe he wouldn't hate me too much. For the moment, he stayed bundled up in the corner cushion seat in his large sweater with the hood drooped over his face. I sat in the adjacent corner, watching guiltily. I let him cool off.

The event was still ringing in my brain, the mortification and angst. What was I supposed to do? Let him stand there paralyzed? Was my solution any worse? To some extent, I did feel as though I did something in the wrong, but it was better than nothing. I wouldn't want to live in a world where laughter was a sin.

The contemplation of Mika seriously hating me was stapled to my brain. Could he? He was capable, no doubt. But would he, if I ever crossed a line too meaningful... I often put him into states of serious irritability, but he never truly despised me.

What a wrong time to ponder all this, with him finally experimenting with love. I was messing it up for him.

If I ever wanted it to work, I had to relax.

We ferried through what I adjudged as the best tour in my life. It was beautiful - everything was. It ached to pass something I might not have seen again, only to be pleased with just another beautiful sight, whether it a building, cobblestone path, lake, bridge, the lights, or the people. I was so in love with Paris. Leaving was going to feel like being separated from a mother. Or in my case, a great television show.

No offense, mom.

I was dying to explore. I yearned so badly to explore with Mika and experience everything I possibly could before I had to go. The city was a masterpiece, booming with cultural edifices and specialties that made me want to just spend hours in each of them. I was brooding over just how short life was.

At least I had someone to spend it with.

A slow stop came to play as a large resort permeated warm lights that decorated the exterior. A bridge over a rippling lake led into the palace - which it strongly resembled.

The incomprehensible French was exchanged through the limo's partition which just blew past me.

I was awed at the building.

"Is this where we're staying?" I excitedly gaped, the thought of crashing on a nice bed the most awesomest thing to exist in the moment.

"Mhm!" Pink smiled, the door suddenly opening for the both of us.

I felt like an ant compared to its size upfront.

I turned to look for Mika, my hair blinding my vision in the wind. I brushed it out of my face, a small grin appearing from me as I spotted him admiring it as well. He wasn't as hyped, but at least he didn't appear like he wanted to murder me anymore. He gave me a brief glance before walking past, the escorts following him like ducklings. I felt cold.

I trailed behind too, watching the cobblestone fade to smooth stone as we crossed the bridge. I stared at each of the little decorative lights as I crossed past, watching their reflections deform in the ripples of the water. Some lights from the rooms' windows were out, others bright and lit in the rising night. I wondered where we'd be...