♦12♦ - Eve

I had only one friend throughout nearly my entire childhood and when I first began to model. She was always behind me somewhere when I took steps further into my venture of my new life. She stayed by my side as modeling became a bigger part of me and my mother grew more ill. I have forgotten her name as of today. I have not seen her since.

I remember how her brown, curly hair was always covered in a hat in the winter times. She had a small smile and big brown eyes. I could not believe her name slipped my mind because her name suited her perfectly. She vaguely resembled Esha, but only in their glowing fawn-colored complexion and super curly hair. Other than that, they were winsome in their own ways.

I was just barely fifteen, and I recall the day was Christmas just before I last saw her since, and she had excitedly caught me perched on my porch steps in the old house, something bundled up tightly in her jacket.

"Are you stealing?" I asked her through a smile, curious as she perched down next to me.

"Nooo," she cooed, and her familiar light laugh followed after. "It's a present! For you. Although you might hate me for it, you did say you wanted it."

I was in the depths of confusion, but it all came to me when she lifted a tiny, snow-colored kitten out of her fluffy coat, its pygmy limbs extending worriedly the air. I was overwhelmed as she placed the small creature of fluff into my hands, my breath taken from me. Its soft little meow exclaimed the reminding prominence of just how fragile it was.

"Oh, my goodness,"

The creature I yearned for for years. I could not own them because they gave me allergies, but she and I broke the rules nearly all of the time. I favored felines though I was allergic, and she favored canines though she was allergic. We then had owned our allergenic pets at once.

"It's a girl; her brother was more sassy, wasn't in the mood to be adopted." She explained with a chuckle. My eyes were already stinging, my nose itching irritably. I did not care at the time, the creature becoming my newest fantasy.

"I cannot believe you got me a kitten for Christmas. Well, I can. I just cannot believe you actually did it," I rambled, squealing slightly as the kitten crept under my sweater for warmth. Its tiny claws nicked at my torso.

She exhaled, the steam leaving her parted lips. "No big deal. For me, at least. They were being offered in a big box at this antique shop, and I was originally going to get you two at the sight of their price, but I didn't wanna completely kill you," she joked, a laugh leaving the both of us. "Try not to let her completely kill your allergies."

I nodded, chuckling as the little kitten's head poked out of the collar of my sweater. She smelled pristine, freshly washed. I presumed they really wanted to give these kittens homes for Christmas time.

"I am at a lost - I do not have anything to exchange to you," I glumly told her as the kitten climbed back down my clothing. Tears were already slipping from my itching eyes, freezing on my cheeks as the wind blew. "Christmas did not come so kindly this year to me. I would have bought you a gift."

"You know you don't have to get me things. I'm a nature person - nature is my gift."

She was magnificent. Witty and appreciative. It was a doom when memories of her slipped from my life.

"We could go take a walk and glance at the trees," I suggested, considering that day was the warmest we were going to be blessed with that winter - Christmas day.

"That sounds welcoming, but I've gotta cook dinner back at home. Plus it's pretty late - there's creeps out," she laughed. I smiled, the night not seeming so unkind anymore. It was welcoming and warm, especially with a new furry member in my life. She looked over at me, smiling softly. "Although, I would appreciate one small gift. You have to pay nothing for it."

I tilted my head. "What is that you would like?"

She was bashful, nervously twiddling with the curls in front of her hair. "Can I have a kiss?"

Kisses were a neutral custom of mine since I was raised. It meant very little to me unlike it did to her. I felt inadequate in response to her gift, but I nodded in agreement, anyway, since it was what she wanted.

She stammered, her fingers twiddling a small snow clump on her jacket. After a moment, I sensed her apprehension, chuckling before I leaned in. She nervously leaned in as well, and I gave her the present.

We exchanged a small smile before she sighed. "Okay, I have to go cook now. But thank you. And name her!" She pointed to the unsteady hyperactive-ness occurring under my sweater. I laughed.

"I will!"

She wished me a Merry Christmas. Then I watched as her as she left down the street. The kitten meowed from under my sweatshirt, drowned in the fabrics. I giggled, cuddling her up to my chest as I returned into the house.

Just the day before, it was Christmas Eve, so I named her Eve.

ASDFGHJKL MIKA'S CHILDHOOD FILLERS RIP