♦15♦ - Un Patin

If I could've marked down the most embarrassing day of my life, this would've been the day. The thought of returning to Mika nearly made me sick. I still couldn't believe I'd done something that ignorant - at work at least. I hoped for the best when I had to go retrieve him from his shoot.

I scolded myself at least a billion times as I waited outside of the studio, harshly biting on the tip of my thumb.

So stupid, so stupid...

What would my mother think of this? Doing a screw up this big on my very second day. I just prayed she'd never find out. What kind of mother would want to hear of her son masturbating in a bathroom stall...

"Yuki." I couldn't even turn my head to face him. I just nodded, keeping my gaze with the floor. I still felt like I could cry, but I obviously was not going to let myself fall that low. "Come on."

I followed behind him nervously, keeping my gaze locked with the floor passing underneath my feet. I wondered what I had done to make Mika like me, and how if its absence would've totally gotten me fired today. Why did Mika even like me? I thought he might be creeped out at this point, considering I had done such a perverted thing.

"You brought lunch, correct?" he finally asked when we boarded the elevator. I mentally punched myself. I had completely left it in the hotel when I was rushing out this morning. How ignorant could I possibly be today? Where did my brain cells go overnight? I sighed heavily, shaking my head. "Do not fret," he said through an exhale, "I will get you something."

Esha nailed her point. He reeeeeally liked me.

But it all made no sense to me. I still did not know why? I shook my head in confusion, looking at him out of the corner of my eye. "Why are you so nice to me?"

"Because," he softly began, messing with that black band on his finger. "You are my friend."

I had completely forgotten he had told his aunt that I was considered one of his friends. I thought that was just an urgent cover up. I presumed at the most that I was an acquaintance to him.

Me being his assistant had a way larger effect than he was perceiving it as.

Lunch was a painful slow process. I wasn't even in a mood to eat anymore, but luckily he was too distracted in talking with his stylists and other models to even notice my distance. I'm guessing today was some large lunch group rejoicing, which luckily, I was too insignificant to be included in.

I wished I was back home, snuggled under my sheets as I hid from the embarrassment of the outside world. Mika didn't seem to care though, so why was I so much? I had no clue.

After all, he probably got these reactions all of the time.

After I managed to force down the sandwich he got for me and most of the people had eventually left, he tapped on my shoulder, giving it a light squeeze.

"Come," he softly said, taking my hand to pull me away. I nervously stood, surprised as he interlocked our fingers. I swallowed hard, pulling my lips into my mouth as I teetered behind him out of the dining hall. The sudden affection drove me mad. It was like doing a bad thing got me a positive outcome.

"Wow," he sighed, stretching his arms as we walked out into the hall. "Lunch was really late today. I mind as well consider that dinner. You know it is about seven o'clock? Leisure time is about to become sleep time," he rambled, seeming more enlightened than I'd ever seen him.

I furrowed my eyebrows, walking next to his side timidly. "How come you aren't mad at me?"

He looked over at me confusingly. "Mad? Why would I be mad?"