♦13♦ - Magazine

If only I could've ran as fast as I did today in my high school gym classes.

I was running late to work. On my very second day.

I multitasked like my life depended on it - combing my hair while brushing my teeth while tying my shoelaces. I didn't have time to dress all fancy. I stayed in my pajamas, planning to just change as soon as I arrived at Mika's estate. Time was not on my side now.

I burst out of the lobby doors, clutching onto my clothes for dear life as I caught the nearest taxi. I was out of breath already, heaving in the backseat like a madman. The driver offered to bring me to the hospital at what point I quickly objected and tried to condemn myself.

I quickly took the elevator to Mika's estate, punching in the numbers to access the elevators. As soon as I reached the floor, the smell of coffee flooded up my nose.

Had I missed my opportunity to bring him some? What if he was just angrily awaiting, sipping his coffee, thinking "Yuu could've brought me this. What a shame. Guess I'll just have to fire--"

Shh, Yuu, think of the nature programs.

I quickly buzzed for his door, molesting the button until he tiredly opened it, the beautiful fantasizing scenario just not as strong this morning. He had his long hair up in a very tiny bun, slight distress laced in his eyes as he was bundled up in thick, fuzzy pajamas.

"Good morning, boss! I am so sorry, I missed my alarm - I'm such a fool - and I'm sorry I didn't bring you some coffee up on the way! I nearly got my ass - my butt! stuck in the revolving doors, and so... I am just... my apologies."

He eyed me tiredly, making way for me to enter. I quickly teetered in, the door locking behind the both of us.

"Do you have somewhere I could change? I really didn't want to miss a second arriving here," I panted, running my fingers through my slightly matted hair. He returned to his desk, rubbing his eyes.

"No." He bluntly muttered, sipping from the steaming cup. "Change here."

Great.

But it was an order, so I hesitantly removed my sweater, shivering at the feel of the A/C air blowing against my back that was still clearly shielded in a t-shirt. I wanted to remain as clothed as possible, trying to stall my way through changing so I didn't have to in front of him. I knew he was watching me - I felt those eyes boring into my soul, like they were itching to see something that could possibly brighten his day.

Sadly for him, I wasn't as attractive.

I still quickly peeled off my shirt, discarding it to the side as I began to slide my bare arms in my formal shirt before I heard him hiss loudly. I flinched, nervously peering over my shoulder at him.

"No, do not finish putting on your shirt," he commanded, his voice slightly more awake-sounding now. I was terrified, goosebumps racing down my skin. "I knew it." He suddenly approached me, sneering at my bare chest. I awkwardly shielded myself with my shirt before he brushed it to the side, eyeing my body. "Remove your pants as well."

"Mika," I quickly objected, taking a nervous step back before he caught my wrist.

"That was not a request."

I swallowed hard, setting my shirt aside and slowly slid off my sweatpants, left bare in just my underwear, which I made the brilliant choice of choosing that coincidentally had cartoons on them. My whole body was red in humiliation at this point.

His soft hand grazed over my stomach, feeling up to my collarbones and neck. He seemed to be more observing than attempting to be sexual.

"I knew it since the day you spilled that coffee on me. Eustis let you change in that office, no? I saw you changing, and your body... That was... You." He trailed off like this was the biggest realization on the planet to him.