♦29♦ - Fireworks

As a habitual consumer, it felt odd to have something else consuming me today. That being: anxiety. Even after the sensually relaxing experience earlier in bed with Mika, my nerves were raging, and it was all because of my very first shoot.

I seemed to have let the whole "modeling" part of modeling slip past my memory.

Luckily, it was nothing major. I was just required to wear a simple summer outfit consisting of a shirt and jeans, yet I felt like I was going to be doing a lingerie shot myself in front of a billion people. The team didn't even notice my uneasiness, calmly dressing me as they spoke amongst themselves. My breathing sounded something much out of a horror game, like I had was approaching the mega boss out of the entire game and my checkpoint was miles behind if I failed to beat them.

How does one even model, anyways? What do you do, just pose and make a face? What pose? What face?!

The team was in their habitual hysterical state, topping me off with a bow tie and hairspray. At least I looked and smelled good. The facial expressions would not be pretty outside when they witness how terribly I modeled.

Some mint strips were stuffed in my mouth by them, and finally, some smothering kisses.

"Thanks, you guys," I huffed after they devoured me in excitement. My mouth was suddenly stinging from the fresh mint.

They all seemed to finally notice my anxiety, one of the ladies placing a reassuring hand to my shoulder.

"Jeunesse, do not worry! The cameras will love you. You're beautiful! Just express what you feel inside!"

If I were to do that, my "expression" would be booking it down the highway back home.

But I nodded, pretending to warmly accept her reassurance.

They finally led me out of Mika's dressing room - which I now used - into the main studio. I took deep breaths, taking mental notes on the other calm and fierce models who seemed to work their skill like it were nothing to them.

"Come! This way, beauty!"

Well, I was dragged. My legs were still very unsteady after the glorious experience with Mika.

Mika... Just continuously thinking of him exploded me in infatuation, and I planned that the second I saw him, I would not let him go. I was drowned in an addiction for him more than ever after the experience earlier.

When I quit daydreaming, I found myself shaking hands with the cameraman, his handlebar-mustache being the only thing really snapping me out of it.

"Ah! Youth!" his French accent excitedly boomed, drawing attention to our isolated backdrop in the corner. "Such beauty. First time?"

With Mika? Yes.

Just kidding. I nodded my head timidly, fiddling with my fingers behind me.

"Ah, the firsts are always the most innocent. An experience you'll recall back on and reminisce! Now, let all of your tight nerves loose," he preached, gracefully making his way behind the camera. Were we still talking about modeling?

I needed to get my mind out of the gutter...

The team watched me from the side, them giggling and swooning over my beet-red face and trembling stance. The main reason I couldn't stand was because of my jelly legs! The reminding thoughts of the bedroom event only made me haze more, and I began to slightly sway.

"Jeunesse, over here! The camera lens, beauty."

Oh, right.

I stared awkwardly into the black abyss of the machine, then my expression grew stale. I squinted, faintly seeing my odd reflection in the mirroring darkness.