♦47♦ - Estrangement

Last day in Paris.

The happiest I'd ever heard Mika was when he was speaking to his mother over the phone. Even if they were speaking about something like the recent fashion disasters that were televised just a couple nights ago, which they currently were.

I eavesdropped as I had assorted my clothes, surely going to miss the sight of the room. And the California-king size. My heart nearly snapped at the thought of it.

"That is exactly why you don't wear something that long in heels like those. Mom, she almost fell over, what are you talking about. Speaking of..." I had no idea where the conversation even was going, but it made me smile as I folded my clothes. Him and his mother were so enthralled in almost any topic. It was an amazing thing, honestly.

Packing kept distracting me. I was debating snagging some of the champagne for back home...

"Alright, I will call you again when I'm back... I love you too... Bye, mommy..."

He did a little dance of celebration, his phone now finding a landing spot somewhere in the thick sheets.

I grinned, hugging him tightly. "How is she?"

Seeing him so genuinely elated warmed my heart. "She is great. She says she's feeling better..." He sighed, holding my face as if he were spilling the best news on the planet and needed stability. "Yuu, it feels like a weight has miraculously been lifted off my chest."

"I'm so glad," I whispered, kissing his cheek.

Everything felt amazing. Of course, we still had the apprehension of how his colleagues and boss would handle his departure after such fame and succession, but in the end, he'd be healthy and that was all I cared about. It was going to be such a bumpy road from there on out, but deep down, we were both prepared for the worst.

The outcome was all I could focus on. I had to.

"So," I sighed, chuckling as I glanced at the champagne bottle. "What do you think?"

He rolled his eyes, finishing buttoning up his shirt. "I think you are quite wild for assuming we will be sneaking that back home. Relax, Yuu. I will get you tons more for many more occasions."

"Oh?" I cooed, earning a ribald wink from his direction. "Can't wait to see how they'll handle an underaged buyer."

He gave me a funny look. "Who said I was buying it? On a more important issue," he nudged the basket filled with sex toys, face twisting in seldom disgust. "We cannot just leave this for the hotel to deal with."

I paused, glancing at the assortment. "Whoa, what the heck are you suggesting we do with those?"

He gave me a look. "They are presents. They have obviously got to go to use."

I felt my face burn with heat, not expecting Mika to be into such things. I couldn't even see myself with those things. And besides... didn't we already have enough of the penile-shaped objects between just the two of us?

He laughed at my reaction, "That's why we are going to leave them for the next couple."

I had let him lure me into stuffing them under the mattress, bundling them all up and labeling them as 'unused.'

Mika was actually so fucking metal. In an innocent way.

"Not like I would truly need them," he explained with a humored smile.

"Yeah, 'cause you got me."

He suddenly stifled a laugh, continuing folding up the lasts of his clothes.