Three

Chapter 3 is here~ I don't own cardfight vanguard

I almost forgot to post this due to today being Canadian thanksgiving.... Hehe oops

Anyway happy Canadian thanksgiving!!!

The blue haired boy frowned slightly when his sapphire gaze lingered over the digital clock that was placed upon the dresser. It was now 5am and he still had yet to fall back to sleep despite how tired the boy felt.

His sight had long since adjusted to the darkness of the room so that the few beams of moonlight that flittered through the window was significant enough for him to be able to see.

His self pitying and soft whimpering had ended a few minutes ago, for he was too tired to continue and his tears and long since dried up. If one were to look at the young boy's face, they'd easily see the puffiness around the sapphires and the dried up tear streaks upon the pale face.

A heavy yet soft sigh escaped from Aichi's lips, knowing that he'd probably still have to wait for a couple more hours until the brunette probably got up.

"I miss them......"

Aichi whispered softly to himself, his voice cracking slightly from the crying he had done earlier.

Sapphires glistened surprising the blue haired boy.

"I guess I still have some tears left..... I never knew how important they were to me until yesterday......"

The young boy smiled bitterly, despite not feeling a single ounce of happiness within him.

"I shouldn't have caused them so much trouble......"

Regret was filling the young boy's chest as he thought about how he used to have to be yelled at to get up and how he used to cause so much worry for his mom and sister when he hid in his room.

"Why couldn't it have just been a nightmare......"

Aichi sniffed lightly as his eyelids began to droop slowly, covering tear filled sapphires. Slowly sending the boy drifting off into a fitful sleep.

Jades blinked open and looked at the clock, it read 11am, the brunette sat up on his bed and stretched his arms, relishing the feeling before sighing in content.

He changed before exiting his room to cook up something to eat, however he paused in the hallway when he heard soft whimpering, reminding him that he had a guest.

Curiously, the brunette peeked into the room that he had assigned Aichi and frowned when he saw the young boy curled up on the bed, whimpering in his sleep.

"Aichi wake up......"

The brunette whispered softly, not wanting to startle the sleeping boy. He waited a few moments before cautiously walking up toward the bed, gently nudging the boy.

A soft groan emitted from the younger's mouth as sapphires opened up slowly. the brunette noted the redness that rimmed the boy's eyes but decided not to mention it. He felt that it was only natural for the younger to cry for his deceased family.

"Kai......."

The younger whispered softly, sapphires looking up into jades. The brunette's lips went into a fine line before turning away.

"Clean yourself up and come to the kitchen"

Kai replied as he walked out of the room, making the blue haired boy feel thankful for not having to explain his appearance.

Slowly, the boy got up off of the bed, despite the longing in his chest to just curl up and sleep away his pain.

He walked towards the washroom and looked into the mirror, grimacing slightly at his appearance before turning on the tap and splashing cool water onto his face. This continued for a good while until the puffiness and redness of his eyes had gone down significantly.

The blue haired boy then made his way to the kitchen, following the scent of food, though surprisingly it didn't make him hungry.

Jades flickered towards the younger before serving the young boy some scrambled eggs and toast.

"Thanks......."

Aichi whispered softly as he picked up a piece of toast and began to slowly nibble on it.

Kai frowned slightly at this but sat down at the table to eat his share as well. When the brunette finished his frown deepened, for Aichi had only slightly picked at his eggs and only rated half of a piece of toast.

Sapphires blinked at the brunette before the smaller forced a slightly sheepish smile to cross over his face, the brunette immoderately noticed that it was false.

"I'm sorry...... I don't have much of an appetite...... The food tastes great"

Aichi lied with a smile, despite feeling slightly nauseous after eating the small a mouth that he had eaten.

The brunette nodded, understanding the reason for the boy's lack of appetite.

"It's fine, I shouldn't have expected you to be able to eat a full meal......."

The brunette replied before taking the younger's plate and scraping the leftover food into the garbage, sapphires blinked apologetically as Aichi got up.

"I'm heading back to rest......."

Kai nodded in response, knowing full well about the pain that Aichi was going through, he wondered if he should invite Miwa over to comfort the boy, knowing full well that he was no good at it.

"I'm heading out to card capital"

Kai said before leaving the house, he had forgotten the blond's phone number for he had never bothered to memorize it in the first place.

Once the brunette left, the false smile upon Aichi's face melted away into a thin frown, the boy's nausea becoming stronger before he ran towards the bathroom and through up what little contents that were within his stomach into the toilet.

"That's a waste of good food......."

Aichi sighed tiredly after flushing the toilet, guessing that it was his unease that had caused him to throw up.

The boy then slowly got up and headed back towards his bed having neither the energy or will to do anything but state at the clock, watching time slowly tick by.

Oddly, he felt heavy, even though he knew for a fact that he didn't weigh much. The boy ignored this as he flopped back into his bed, not realizing that the heaviness that he felt was due to the tightness in his chest.

Me: that's the end of the chapter~~

Miwa: thankfully you remembered to post this today AND write it today

Me: hehe..... Ran out of back up chapters so I guess my 2 week vacation from weighting is over..... *sigh* curse my laziness and wanting to read fanfictions...

Miwa: tsk tsk berry

Me: shut it...... Anyway hope ya enjoyed the chappy~~~