XXVI

Chapter 26 is here~ I don't own cardfight vanguard~~

Once the brunette had finished calling the ambulance, he took the black towels off of the towel rack and began trying to stanch the blood that was flowing out of the younger boy's arms.

He felt sick seeing the blue haired boy lying limp in the pool of blood that was growing at a dangerous pace. His gaze flickered towards the new slashes on the pale arms that contrasted greatly with the crimson on the floor. The cuts were vertical instead of his normal horizontal cuts, they were also much deeper and longer than usual.

The brunette bit his lip nervously as he wondered why the ambulance was taking so long, he wanted to grab the first aid kit but he was too afraid to let up the pressure on the boy's wounds.

"You better not die Aichi.... You're still needed..."

The brunette whispered as he waited, after what seemed like hours to the brunette, when in face it was only 5 minutes, the sound of sirens came to him, Kai had never felt so happy to hear the blaring alarms until now.

He waited eagerly for the medics to arrive, when they did, they swiftly took the young boy and brought him into the ambulance, the brunette entered the back as well.

Kai was eerily silent as he watched the medics take care of the younger boy, not registering what they were saying for he was too focused on the blue haired boy.

When they arrived at the hospital, the brunette was forced to wait in the waiting room while the blue haired boy was brought into one of the many hospital rooms.

Kai couldn't help but wonder that if he hadn't cornered the smaller boy so much, that he wouldn't have panicked and ended up trying to kill himself.

A nurse came over and handed him a few forms to fill out so he did, thankful for the distraction.

He winced when he came across the guardian section of the forms, wondering what to do since the boy currently had none.

However he was brought out of his thoughts by a gentle nudge on his shoulder, jade orbs gazed up to see a tall black haired doctor with navy blue eyes.

"Are you here for Sendou?"

The doctor questioned, the brunette stared for a few moments before slowly nodding.

"Yes"

"I see, well I'm doctor Kusama, the one who is currently in charge of Sendou..."

The doctor now known as doctor Kusama said as he held out his hand. The brunette ignored the gesture.

"How is he?...."

The brunette felt concern dig into him as he noticed the doctor's hesitation in answering his questions.

"Sendou is now stable...... However there are a few complications...."

The brunette felt significantly lighter after hearing the news of the blue haired boy's survival.

"Complications?"

The doctor nodded and looked at the clipboard that was currently in his hands.

"Sendou was suffering from slight malnutrition, meaning that his body was already weak..... It also took a while to find blood that matched his blood type so he actually almost ran out of blood...... His breathing stopped a few times....... I said that he's stable but that could turn out to be only temporary...."

The raven haired doctor tailed off to allow the brunette to digest the information.

"Can I see him?...."

The brunette asked softly, feeling somewhat weak at the newly obtained information.

"Yes.... but do you have any way that I could contact his guardian?"

The brunette frowned at the doctor's words.

"His family died in a fire not too long ago.... which is part of the reason for his current condition....."

The brunette replied darkly as he followed the doctor into the medical room. His breath caught in his throat when he saw the breathing mask covering the boy's face and the IV drip attached to one of the boy's bandaged wrists. He looked overly small and vulnerable lying on the stark white sheets and he noticed how the breathing was somewhat laboured after observing for a few moments.

Soundlessly, the brunette made his way over towards the unconscious teen and moved a few blue strands out of the younger's face.

"When will he wake up?"

The brunette asked, his voice was little more than a whisper.

"Not for a while..... he lost most of his blood, it's a miracle that he even survived.... Judging by the other cuts on the boy's arms, he was most likely already low on blood before he did his most recent additions to his arms...."

Doctor Kusama trailed off, Kai frowned, feeling guilt once again dig its claws into him as he thought about how easily he could have prevented this from happening. He was under the same roof as the boy yet he still managed to mess up.

"I see..... Thank you for saving him...."

The brunette whispered softly, his gaze not leaving the younger boy once.

"There's also something else....... when he does wake up he needs to be checked... Parts of his body were deprived from blood.... Also..... he will most likely need to see a psychiatrist to see how stable he is....."

The brunette opened his mouth to answer but was cut off by the doctor.

"It's for his own good.... we wouldn't like something like this too happen again.... next time he might not be as lucky to be found on time..."

Horror filled the brunette when he thought about what would have happened if he had taken too long to open the bathroom door.

"I see.... I guess that makes since.... Though I was the one that pushed him to actually trying to kill himself...."

The brunette murmured half to himself, navy blue orbs filled with sympathy.

"Don't worry, all that matters is that Sendou is currently alive, there's time to fix things. There wouldn't be any chance if he had died, be thankful"

Doctor Kusama replied, the brunette nodded slowly as he continued to watch the younger boy sleep.

Me: hope ya enjoyed~ warning bell for classes ring as soon as I finished writing this hehe XP