Dix et dix = 20

Chapter 20 is here~ I don't own cardfight vanguard~

Yay 20k word marker hit~~ I am berry happy hehe~~

The brunette knocked on the door, he then waited for a minute before knocking again, this repeated a few times before the door slowly opened to reveal a blue haired boy.

The older noted how sapphires seemed to dull considerably when they gazed at the brunette.

"Kai......"

Aichi murmured softly, a look of caution present upon his face as he held the door open just enough to speak through it.

"Aichi.... we need to talk...."

Sapphires narrowed slightly before the younger shook his head.

"There is nothing we need to talk about"

The words were flat and void with emotion, causing the older to inwardly flinch in surprise. He realized that he had been right to worry, for the boy was not originally cold towards others.

"Please.... can you at least hear me out?"

The brunette whispered softly, surprising himself with the gentleness of his voice. Aichi was silent for a few moments before letting a tired sigh escape from his lips before opening the door fully and stepping out of the way. Kai hesitated before entering, but when he received no objection he allowed himself into the younger's apartment.

Jades scanned around to see that it was realistically empty, besides the occasional bags that were on the floor which signalled that the boy was still unpacking.

"What would you like to talk about?"

Aichi questioned blankly as he crossed his arms across his chest, the brunette noted how the younger seemed physically drained and was leaning somewhat on the wall.

"Could you tell me the reason why you left?"

Kai asked, wanting to hear the full reason from the younger's mouth.

"Why should it matter? shouldn't you be happy that I'm gone now?"

The blue haired boy replied, his gaze flickering towards the floor for a few moments before going back towards the brunette.

"I don't understand.... Why would I be happy?"

It confused the older greatly when he heard the younger's words, for he didn't remember saying anything to the boy that might offend him.

"I heard you saying that things were too complicated with me around"

Aichi deadpanned, causing deep jades to widen in surprise.

"But I-"

"Don't deny it Kai, it's easy to see that you had been speaking the truth."

The smaller boy replied softly, Kai noticed how the younger's grip on his arms tightened slightly.

"I didn't mean it like that....."

The brunette trailed off, unsure as to how he should rebuke the younger's comment when he remembered when he had actually had those kind of thoughts.

"But it's still a fact that I had been causing you trouble, so I decided to have my own place. I wouldn't want to cause you any more extra problems"

Aichi murmured, his gaze going unfocused for a slips second before refocusing.

"That may be true.... but I was fine with it...."

The brunette replied, feeling ashamed for causing such a misunderstanding between them.

"I am not though, I'm happy with this place..... I can deal with my problems myself..."

Sapphires flashed with hurt as the younger murmured the last part lowly.

"Aichi.... I want to help....."

"I don't need help Kai...."

The brunette shook his head, clenching his fist tightly.

"You do.... I just didn't realize it quick enough...... You are not okay"

Aichi took a step back before shaking his head.

"I am okay, what proof do you have to say that I'm not?"

Kai took a steady breath before grabbing the younger boy's wrist to make sure that he doesn't move away any further.

"Nobody would be fine after what happened to you, at least without proper help"

"You did help, you gave me a place to stay, I'm better now"

Aichi replied as he tried to pull himself out of the older's grasp.

"No, I didn't help you properly, I just ignored your feelings and only paid attention to your physical health, and even then I didn't do that great of a job"

Regret laced the brunette's voice as he observed how tired and pale the boy in front of him seemed.

"That's because it wasn't your problem Kai, if that's all you need to talk about I'd prefer it if you would leave and not return"

Aichi murmured, sapphires fixed towards the ground to avoid contact with jades.

"Aichi..... You're bottling everything up......"

"And why would you care about that?!? ..... I'm just a troublesome problem that you should just ignore"

Aichi uncharacteristically hissed as he tugged himself away and turned away, the brunette was taken aback for a few moments before frowning. He could tell that the boy was beginning to feel defensive.

"Why wouldn't I care?"

Kai whispered as he tried to touch the younger's shoulder, only to receive a flinch in return.

"Because you just took me in on most likely a random whim, only to regret it soon after"

Aichi murmured softly, the brunette shook his head in response to the younger's words.

"No, at first I may have thought that.... But, after a while I began to realize that that was not the case Aichi"

"......"

Aichi was silent, pretending to ignore the older before responding a minute later.

"How so? why would you change your mind?"

"I realized something important.... Something that I didn't realize before I had to have it literally pointed out to me...."

The brunette trailed off slightly, suddenly feeling unsure with himself.

"And that it?"

"That I care about you more than I initially thought, I kept worrying about you then I kept getting annoyed at myself for caring....."

"........"

"I don't care, I'm still happy with being by myself, it causes less problems that way...."

Aichi murmured softly as he unconsciously rubbed his cuts under his sleeves.

"Aichi please...... I really do care about you.... Seeimg you like this worries me because its hard to get back up on your feet after what happened....."

The brunette persisted.

"........."

"Aichi..... Please, I really do care about you and I don't want to do nothing while I know that you're in pain...."

"I don't-"

"Aichi I love you...."

The brunette whispered, causing the smaller boy to freeze.

Me: Dun dun duh..... A cliffy~

Miwa: evil berry...

Me: hehe anyway short note cause class about to start~~ hope ya enjoyed~