16

Chapter 16 is here~ I no own cardfight vanguard~

Jades narrowed when the brunette looked under the bed, the phone book was not under the bed like he had initially thought. Instead, under the bed seemed as if it had been cleaned, rather scrubbed clean due to it's odd shine contrast to the other parts of the floor.

"Why would he work so hard to clean under the bed? Around the bed I'd understand.... but under?...."

The brunette mused to himself as he moved away from the bed and looked around the room for the phone book. He spotted it at the side of the bed, he went to pick it up but frowned. There had been many apartments made after the book had been published.

Kai sighed in annoyance before deciding to call it a day, he'd go look for the younger boy after he was fully rested, it would be more efficient that way.

Meanwhile Aichi slumped onto the floor of his new apartment, it was completely void of anything besides the basic appliances that all buildings meant for living in have.

He was lucky that he had managed to snag it, the owner had been somewhat skeptical of him but had eventually given him the benefit of the doubt.

Sapphires closed slowly, there was no bed, yet. So he'd have to sleep on the floor for the night until he squired one, or at least something to sleep on.

"Aichi!"

Sapphires blinked open in surprise to see a peach haired girl, a small frown crossed over his lips at the sight of his sister.

"Emi....."

The young boy murmured, unsure as to how he should feel about seeing his sister, yes he loved her, as a younger sibling of course, yet it felt unfair to be all happy only to wake up all alone, again.

"You're not happy to see me?...."

The peach haired girl looked a little disheartened at Aichi's reaction. Aichi shook his head and smiled bitterly.

"No I miss you so much.... It's just.... I know that this is only a dream....."

Blue orbs looked towards the ground before lighting up to look into sapphires.

"I see.... Well we will see each other again one day, after all, all life ends naturally"

Aichi couldn't help but smile and hug his sister, taking in her familiar warmth that he hast realized that he had missed.

"But I want to be with you and mom now...."

Aichi whispered softly, suddenly the young girl in his arms disappeared. Sapphires blinked in confusion before dulling slightly when he realized that he was alone. Again.

"Why does this always happen..... I finally become happy... and then everything goes wrong...."

Aichi murmured in defeat as he sat down in the blank empty space, not bothering to do anything for he felt as if it was useless to even try.

"Why can't everything just end....."

Aichi sighed as he closed his eyes to allow the darkness to overtake him. Only to blink in confusion when he suddenly felt really warm and could smell something burning.

Aichi shot up only to gaze at the sight of his old house burning, the moaning of the charred wood cracking made him flinch involuntarily.

He heard a cry of surprise and froze in horror, he knew that voice, it was his mother's.

He quickly ran into the burning house, temporarily forgetting that everything was a dream.

He coughed when he smelt the smoke first hand as he searched through the house, he ran towards his mother's room only to pause when he saw flames flickering dangerously in the doorway, separating him from his mother.

He closed his eyes and clenched his fists tightly, he was trembling in fear as he dashed through only to blink in surprise once more. It then dawned on him that he was dreaming, meaning that he couldn't actually get hurt.

A soft cough was heard, snapping the blue haired boy out of his thoughts, he ran over towards his mother who was sitting on the floor, holding a cloth to cover her mouth.

"Mom!"

Aichi shouted as he ran towards her, only to pass tight through her when he tried to hug her.

"No......"

Aichi whispered in shock.

"Come on get up......"

Aichi urged, despite the fact that she apparently couldn't see not hear him. Aichi felt helpless as he watched his mother continue to cough from the smoke before becoming eerily silent.

Tears flowed from sapphires as the blue haired boy looked away, knowing that his mother was dead, he was glad that it was the smoke and not the fire that killed her.

A sharp cry of pain echoed throughout the house causing the boy to freeze, he knew that it was Emi.

He crouched to the ground and whimpered as he listened to her cries of pain, knowing fully well what was happening, yet knowing that he could do NOTHING to help.

"No.... Please stop..... Not Emi......"

Aichi whimpered as tears flowed down his face, he was scared to go and see her, so he just crouched there until the cries subsided.

Watery sapphires blinked open, Aichi groggily sat up, conscious of the tears that were flowing down his face, he knew full well that he most likely had puffy eyes.

He felt drained, then realized that his psyqualia was activated, he de-activated it and shivered, wondering what that meant. He dreaded the thought that his psyqualia may have showed him something that actually happened, he shook his head, hoping that it wasn't true, hoping that his sister hadn't died so painfully.

"I need a shower......"

Aichi murmured when he realized how sweaty he had become in his sleep, the smell of smile still burned at his nose as he remembered the horrid dream.

He frowned when he realized that he didn't have any towels or even something sharp to take his thoughts away.

He got up and looked around the house, ignoring the slight trembling of his frame as he searched for anything that the previous residents had left behind.

After all, there's always at least something left behind.

Me: hope ya enjoyed le chappy~

Miwa: no time for skit... Class about to start

Me: yep..... So bye~