38

Chapter 38 is here~ I don't own cardfight vanguard~

I was told that some people didn't get last chapter's notification.... But I did update on Friday and the posting date is proof~

The two teens stayed where they were for a little bit longer, enjoying the warmth of the other before the blue haired boy let out a sigh once he realized that they were both still in the puddle of blood.

"Ah.... I'm sorry for being the cause of your clothes getting ruined..."

Aichi sighed as he observed the bloodstains that now littered the brunette, it made him look eerie yet not too frightening.

"It's fine, though I doubt that I am able to leave you're apartment while I'm still covered in blood....."

The brunette trailed off as he imagined being arrested or at least pestered by the police. Aichi let out a bitter laugh for he was thinking along the same lines.

"Yeah..... Thankfully a few of your things are still here"

The brunette nodded in response, as he allowed his gaze to wander around the blood on the floor, thankful that it wasn't growing like last time.

"We should clean up this mess before it dries......"

Aichi nodded in agreement as he went over towards the hall closet and retrieved a few black towels, the brunette raised a brow at their colour. The blue haired boy noticed this and looked towards the ground awkwardly.

"They're perfect for cleaning up blood....."

He trailed off as he handed the brunette a few of the towels and the two began to use them to clean up the mess. Neither spoke as they cleaned for they were both thinking grim thoughts about what was to happen tomorrow.

When finished, they tossed the towels into a dirty laundry bag and examined how much blood they had gotten on themselves while cleaning. Aichi had a few smears on his face from rubbing it absentmindedly while cleaninghe.

"You take a shower Aichi, I'll stay away from the bathroom"

The brunette offered not liking the amount of blood that was currently clinging to to the younger boy.

The blue haired boy paused for a few moments before nodding and going to fetch some clean clothes.

"Thanks.... And sorry that you'll have to wait for me to finish in order to clean up yourself"

Aichi whispered softly, the brunette smiled lightly before planting a kiss on the younger's lips, ignoring the metallic taste of the boy's blood.

"It's fine, I'll just was my hands first then start looking around the place"

Aichi nodded before the brunette left towards the kitchen and began to double check the younger's food supplies to make sure that he was going to be eating healthy food.

Once Kai was gone, the smaller boy looked at himself in the mirror and almost scared himself due to how bloody he was, he didn't blame the older for freaking out when he saw him.

He then turned on the shower to allow it to heat up, not too much however for he didn't want his smoke alarm to go off.

Sapphires blinked as he watched the crimson trails heading down the drain, now without the pain of a blade, the young boy realized that the sight was similar to how the ashes had gone down the drain that night when Kai had retrieved him from what was left of his home.

He lathered his hands with soap and began to gently wash his arms and face of the blood before rinsing and washing his hair with shampoo for he was certain that some blood had gotten on it due to his lazy idea of just sleeping in his own blood because he didn't want to get up.

Once he was clean, he allowed cold water to run over him swiftly before exiting the shower and drying off. He was now wearing a black long sleeved shirt and grey cargo pants, he had no reason to wear long sleeves anymore due to the brunette already knowing what he had done. Yet, he felt slightly uneasy when his injuries weren't covered up.

He walked out of the bathroom to see the brunette sitting on the floor reading a book, no doubt being mindful of getting blood on stainable surfaces.

"It's your turn to shower"

Aichi called softly, jaded looked up from the book and the older teen nodded silently, Aichi couldn't help but smile slightly at the thought of the brunette enjoying the book.

"Okay, make sure to re-treat your injuries...."

The brunette replied as he headed towards the washroom, Aichi nodded and took out the first aid kit that was stashed in the cupboard, he had a few of them laying around the apartment.

By the time Aichi had finished fixing his injuries, the brunette had gotten out of the shower and it was around lunch time.

He went to grab a few crackers to eat but the brunette took the box away, causing the younger to look at him questionably.

"I want you to try to eat a bit of real food first"

The brunette replied, Aichi frowned slightly at that.

"Crackers are real food...."

A small smile fitted into Kai's lips as he looked at the adorable pouting face of the younger boy.

"Crackers are just a snack, I'm going to make you some grilled cheese, you have to at least eat half of one"

The brunette sighed as he found some bread, butter and cheese slices.

"But what if the same thing as last time happens?...."

The smaller boy asked nervously, worried that the brunette's hard work of making him food would go to waste.

"Then it's fine, I won't be mad because you don't want to do that, and then you'll be able to eat some other foods to at least fill yourself"

Kai replied as he began to prepare the simple meal, he wanted to slowly get the younger boy back into eating proper foods, even if it took a few tries to do so. He was once again thankful that the boy wasn't averse to eating any kinds of foods instead of only cooked foods. After all, he knew that the younger boy would need his energy tomorrow.

Me: that's the end of the chappy~

Miwa: your Christmas break is over...

Me: yeah.... So sad but at least I have a more easier atmosphere to write in

Miwa: true....

Me: anyway hope ya people enjoyed le chappy~