Chapter 2

I just looked at him not moving a muscle. Of course I was shocked.

What the hell is doing here?

Hunter was here standing in front of me, after all these years. Why is he here?
I didn't call him and I'm sure none of my two friends stayed in contact with him.

I couldn't my eyes off his face. Maybe because I was frozen, and shock literally paralized me.

He didn't say anything. He also just stood there staring at me until I broke our eye contact.

"What are you doing here?". I asked trying to stay calm, while holding the door tightly.

"That doesn't answer my question". He said raising an eyebrow looking at me seriously.

I just stared at him, not saying anything.

"Aren't you gonna invite me in?". He asked still looking at me with a serious face.

I shook my head. "I can't. I don't know what your intentions are. So just tell me why you are here."

"We're not just gonna stay outside, if we have to talk." He said and I sighed glancing toward the stairs.

Jason is upstairs, sleeping.

What if he comes down. I'm not ready for that.

"So?"

I turned my gaze back to his face before opening the door wider letting him in.

"I see you have been doing pretty good." He said looking around my house.

"How is the shop going?". He asked and I opened my mouth to ask how he knows but close it again.

But how does he know that?

Well that shows that he's still the same.

He shook his head at my reaction.
I wasn't working when we were married because he didn't want me to. But things were different now.

I didn't take anything from him so I had to do something for my son.

"Hunter why are you here?". I asked again.

He looked at me, his eyes boring into mine. My palms started sweating and I balled them into fists to keep them from shaking

"I came here to talk." He said.

"About?"

"Everything." He said. "I ha-"

"Mommy?"

Does it really have to happen right now?

I turned toward the little and saw Jason rubbing his eyes.

I briefly looked at Hunter to see his eyes glued on Jason.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked picking him up as he kept rubbing his eyes.

He put his head on my shoulder. "I had a nightmare". He said softly.

"Come on. I'll put you back to bed." I said but he looked over my shoulder.

He looked at Hunter. "Who are you?". He asked making my heart jump.

Yep. My son doesn't like men in the house. He becomes suspicious every time.

Even if the only men that came here were an electrician, the plumber and a painter. But he would kick them out if he could.

"An old friend of your mom". Hunter said looking at the both of us. "What's your name little man?". He asked as Jason wingled out of my arms.

I put him down and he went to Hunter pulling his hand out. "I'm Jason". He said as Hunter looked at him amused and shook his small hand.

"Jason?" Hunter repeated looking up at me. "I'm hunter". He said. "How old are you Jason?". He asked seriously.

I was about to say something but I stopped myself. I am not going to do anything. I can't hide Jason forever, anyway.

And this is what I wanted right?

"I'm four". Jason said and I felt Hunter's eyes on me again. "Do you wanna marry my mommy?". He asked making me gasp.

"Jason". I said sternly at him.

Hunter smiled warmly at him. "And why are you asking?". He asked my little boy.

"You can't because her and my daddy are mad at each other but my daddy will come and he will be mad if she is marrying someone else". He said crossing his arms over his chest.

Hunter looked at him before letting out a small laugh.

"I'm sure". Hunter smiled, and I chose that moment to step in.

I walked closer to him and grabbed his hand making him turn to me.

"Alright Jason, time to go back to bed. You have school tomorrow". I said picking him up and walking toward the stairs and to his room.

I put him in bed, kissed his forehead and Left his room.

I absolutely took my time walking down the stairs knowing what the talk was going to be about.

I went back to the living-room again to find Hunter facing the glass door.

"Jason?" He asked turning to face me. "He's mine, isn't he?"

I stayed silent since I know he wasn't really asking. He already knows the answer.

"Why didn't you tell me?". He asked. I rolled my eyes.

Seriously ?

"I tried but you wouldn't listen". I said painting at him. "You didn't want to hear it." I sighed shaking my head.
"I was thinking about calling you to tell you about him. I have been thinking about. And you took me by surprise by coming here."

He looked a me raising his eyebrows. "You wanted to call me?"

"Yes. For Jason." I confirmed.

He nodded and just stared at me not saying anything. I gulped and looked away as my fists tightened.

Can't they just stop shaking?

He started walking toward me and I just stood there not moving. When I was sure about his intentions I walked on the other side, before letting out a breath.

"Look. You met Jason. I am not going to keep you from him. But he doesn't know who you are and it will take. So you should just go and I will contact you." I said in one breath.

My throat was so dry and I'm trying my best not to look at him.

He walked around the couch and grabbed my hand. I tried to pull it out but he just held it.
I almost let out a sigh at the feeling.

"I will let you chose the time to tell him. But I won't be able to wait long. I want to spend some with him." He said still holding my hand tightly and I nodded.

"I will try my best."

I just kept my eyes down, but I could feel his on me. "You're even more beautiful than I remembered."

I cleared my throat still looking again.

"I'll see you soon." He whispered and I felt his lips in my cheek before releasing my hand and walking away.

It wasn't until I heard the front door close that I let a breath I didn't know I was holding.
I just sat on the couch trying to keep my breathing study.