Chapter 53

*** Flashback ***

"Mom. I love him."

"But does he?". She asked angrily.

"He does". I said loudly.

"How would you know?". She snapped. "You're so naive. He is just going to play with you then move. He will never take your relationship seriously".

"You don't know an-"

"Oh I know. He is going to play with you, making you believe that he will marry you in a couple of years. But he will never marry you. Never."

Her words hurt. But I just shook that hurt away and smiled lightly.

She sighed. "I can find you a good man. Someone that will be the best for you. I know someone who will treat you like a queen. I know a good man for you."

"Hunter is good for me".

"This man owns an armament company!" She yelled.
"He builds killing machines and war object."

I let out a laugh. "So? Are you scared he is going to bomb us". I said faking being scared making her angrier.

"HE IS PLAYING YOU!"

"He is not playing me." I said making my way to my room.

"He is too old for you". My mom yelled following me in my room.

"No he is not."

She looked at me angrily. "Ten years difference."

I sighed. "It doesn't matter." I said. "I love him. I brought him here so you could meet him."

"I met him". She snapped. "But that doesn't mean that I have to trust him with you. What if he just tales advantage ."

"Mom. I'm not stupid. Just get to know Hunter. He is the type of person you can hate at first, but then you're gonna have to love him."

"You are too young, Stella!" She said angrily. "God! You're even too young to be in a relationship".

I chuckled. "I'm eighteen mom."

"And he is what? Thirty?".

"No. Twenty eight".

She glared at me even more. "That makes it so much better."

I let out a breath before sitting down. "I love him. Just get to know him."

She rolled her eyes. "For God's sake". She muttered before walking out of my room, slamming the door shut.

I shook my head. She is never happy.
Hunter is the first man I'm dating. She was the one always telling me to hurry and have a boyfriend.
Now that I've been with Hunter for six months, she is going crazy for no reason.