Chapter 55

*** Flashback 3 ***

"Baby." He answered after two rings.

"She doesn't want me to marry you. She said if I don't break it off. I can forget about her". I sniffed moving my phone to my other ear.

"And who told her that it was her decision to make?"

"I don't want to go against her Hunter. She's my mom." I said sniffing again. "I love her."

He stayed silent.

"The fact that she can so easily manipulate you will be a pain in my ass. I know it."

"She is my mother." I said and he scoffed.

"Don't do that. I don't want to destroy my relationship with her." I said getting angry that he couldn't understand.

"Okay. I will talk to her."

"No." I gasped. "It will only make things worst."

"I'm coming."

"What?" I gasped. "Hunter, I said no."

"I'm coming." He said in a final tone before hanging up.

Oh God, no.

I tried calling him back but he sent me straight to voicemail. I tried again but the same thing happened.

God! What is he going to do. Come here. Then what? Give my mom a heart attack?

I anxiously paced in my room while calling him repeatedly.

I groaned and ran down the stairs not wanting my mom to hear the bell when he comes.

I stood by the living-room windows until I saw his car parking in front of the house.
I quickly went to the front door to open it and saw him standing there with a cold expression.

"Hunter please. You can't be here. Let me fix this on my own."

"If I let you fix this. Then you will end up listening to her. I am not letting that happen." He said walking past me.
"Now go tell your mom I'm here".

I stood there trying not to panic as I watch him go in the living-room.
I followed him. He turned and looked at me seriously.

"Go call your mo-". He stopped talking when my mom walked in, startling me.

"What's going in here!?" My mom said as she walked in with her gaze fixated on Hunter than me.
"What are you doing in my house?"

Hunter looked at her while casually taking a seat.

"I came to see what kind of mother would emotionally blackmail their own daughter." He said casually.

"How dare you?"

"No." He snapped. "How dare you? Do you not care enough about her to realize the impact your words have on her?"

"Don't tell me what to do with my daughter." She said angrily almost turning red.
"I want the best for her."

"Interesting." He nodded scratching his chin.
"And what is the best for her?" He asked teasingly.

"None of your business. I just want you to stay away from her."