Chapter 32

"Mommy look". Jason said running up to the bed.
He stopped in front of it and showed me his drawing. "This is you. This is daddy. This is me". He explained making me smile.

I chuckled softly. "I have red hair? Very original".

Just then the door opened and Hunter walked taking his jacket and tie off.

"Daddy". Jason smiled jumping down and running to him.
Hunter picked him and kissed his cheek.

"How is my little man doing?". He smiled.

"Good". Jason answered before Hunter put him back down. "Look Daddy. I made a drawing".

Hunter looked at it for a moment and chuckled. "I am blue?"

Jason looked hesitant for a moment. "Okay. I will put you in pink". He said excitedly as Hunter shook his head.

I chuckled turning the tv on for Jason.
Hunter looked at me smiling.
"How are you feeling?"

"Good". I smiled a little.

"Liar". He said quietly walking closer to me.
He sat next to me wrapping an arm around my shoulders.
I lead my head on his chest wrapping an arm around his stomach.
We stayed like that for a moment none of us saying anything.

"Clara is also an investigator". He said and I tensed a little.
"She was in charge of your mother's doing". He explained.
"She's the best at her job since she kind of looks stupid and is annoying and clingy". He continued. "I asked her to work for me. That's why I gave her an appointment at the office". He said.
"I don't want you to regret giving me another chance".

I sighed. "I don't regret it. I was just angry that you are keeping things from me". I said.
"I want you to be Hunter and tell me everything you have to tell me".

"Okay". He sighed. "I know what your mother has been doing". He said and I stayed quiet.
"She has been working with Kevin". He said making my heart drop.

"What? How? Why?". I asked shaking my head, completely lost. "H... How is it possible?". I stuttered a little.
"You must be mistaking. Clara is certainly wrong". I said quickly. "Why w... would my mo-".

"Well she did. I have documents that prove all this. She has been behind all this, and is using the money your father left you for it".

"My dad left me money?". I whispered confused.

"Yes". He said and I clenched my jaw as tears started coming out of my eyes.

I could feel my heart breaking. My mother.
How could she do this?
She is my mother for God's sake.

"Where is she?". I sniffed.

"Probably where Kevin is". He said wrapping his arms tighter around me. "We will find them. I promised".

"Kevin escaped?". I froze. "Then why are you here?". I said with wide eyes wiping my tears.

"I don't give a shit about him right now. Dad is taking care of it. You are my priority". He said kissing my cheek.

"Hunt-".

"Stop worrying, okay? I will take care of everything". He paused. "And you're coming at my house after the hospital".

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?".

"You heard me. You guys are coming at my house".