Chapter 8

**Stella's POV**

I parked my car and sat there staring at the building before me.

The Knights' company.

I was here because of Jason. Hunter wants him in his will. It seems like he suddenly realized that Jason was the only heir they had yet.

I wasn't all for it. I guess I sometimes forget that Hunter is going to be in Jason's life from now on.

I let out a breath and leaned still staring at the building. The last time I came here was to sign my divorce papers, before disappearing from his life.

Matt, my lawyer and best friend was already in the building. I needed him here. We are talking about the Knights and I want to be careful. I want to know exactly what all this is about.

Also because I was afraid that Hunter wouldn't have his lawyer with him and I would have to be alone with him.

I walked in the building and went directly to the receptionists. I told one of them who I was and she smiled telling to use the elevator to go on his floor.

I walked toward and pressed the floor after getting in.

I haven't forgotten anyways.

How could I?

The ding of the elevator made me look at the floor number. I walked out the doors opened. I laughed lightly when I was greeted by a smiling Matt.

"Hey!" I smiled pulling him into a hug. "I missed you." I said hugging him tighter.

"I missed you too. How is my favourite nephew?" He asked and I pulled away with a smile.

"Good. He took the news so much better than I expected." I said.

"I still can't believe he is back just like that." He said.

I just shrugged my shoulders.

"How is Kyle?" I said making him smile as I mentioned his boyfriend.

"Look at this smile. Guess he is doing pretty good then." I said pinching his cheek as he laughed taking my hand in his and kissing it.

"Don't make fun of me. I'm the one with an ex husband coming from the dead."

We were interrupted by someone clearing their throat. We turned around and saw Hunter and his lawyer.

Hunter moved from me to Matt who grabbed my waist making my eyes widen slightly.

I know he is doing it on purpose to see Hunter's reaction. Hunter looked at his arm around my waist and his jaw tightened as he looked at Matt hardly.

Well then.

His lawyer greeted us and Hunter walked us to his office.

Of course he knew who Matt was. He just never liked him. But Matt was always travelling when we were married so they never really got to know each other.

****

At least two hours has passed and we discussed about the whole contract. More like his lawyer was going over everything again and again, but I made sure to listen to everything.

We only had to sign now. When I suddenly thought about something.

"Before I sign those papers I want things to be added." I said as they looked at me confused. "Mr. Knight and his family won't have any legal right over my son without my consent. Just because he is their heir doesn't mean that they can try to take him from me or make decision without my permission." I said looking at Hunter directly.