Chapter 48

We went home earlier because of Jason. We silently made our way up the stairs with a sleeping Jason in Hunter's arms.

Hunter directly went to Jason's room to put him to bed, while I went to ours.

I wanted nothing more than to jump on the bed and sleep.
When I walked in the room, I directly went to the closet and started taking my shoes as I heard the bedroom door close.

He walked to the closet and leaned against the door.

"You're still mad?". He asked from the closet door.

"No". I sighed finally taking my heels off.

He just kept looking at me. I smiled lightly before walking closer to him and wrapping my arms around his waist.

"I'm not mad. It's your company and you know the best for it". I said.
"I'm sorry".

"Are you trying to make me feel guilty?". He asked looking at me in a suspicious way.

"No". I laughed. "I'm just saying. You're right. I shouldn't tell you how to run your business. You know what you're doing".

"Okay". He said with the same expression.

"Stop looking at me like that". I laughed wrapping my arms around his neck.
"I'm really sorry".

He then let out a breath smiling. "Okay".

"See? I told your sister you knew how to smile".

******

A couple of weeks passed since Cathy's wedding and she is still not back from her honeymoon. She was supposed to be back two weeks ago.
But she kept pushing it back or giving other excuses.

"Ella. We are going to be late". Hunter's voice boomed from downstairs.

"Five minutes". I yelled back.

We had an appointment for my first ultrasound. I was 10 weeks pregnant and he is going crazy.

If he could, he would make me go at least twice a week.
I looked at my reflection.
10 weeks and I was already showing. It wan't like that with Jason.

"Stella". Hunter yelled getting angry.

No 'Ella' this time?

I quickly grabbed my purse and walked out of the room.
I walked down the stairs to see an angry Hunter waiting down the steps.

"See? I'm done. It wasn't hard". I smiled and he glared at me.
"Okay okay. I'm sorry". I said still smiling.

"Let's go". He said grabbing my waist and pulling me to the door.

I tried not to smile as we made our way to his car. He opened the passenger door pushing me in slowly.

"Hey don't be mad". I said when he started the car.

"I'm not".

I held his hand between mines. "Yes you are, Mr. grumpy".

He huffed before grabbing on of my hands on his and kissing the back of it.

"I'm not". He said. "Anymore". He added lowly and I chuckled.

****

"You can change into this". The middle aged nurse smiled giving the blue gown.
"The doctor will be here soon".

"Thank you". I said and she walked out of the room.

I sighed and changing into it.

"Are you okay?". Hunter asked taking a seat.

"Yes".

I sat down after changing. Just then the door opened and the doctor walked.
A woman who seemed to be the same age as Deborah.

"Hi. I'm doctor Mason, Mrs. Knight".

"Just call me Stella".

"Stella". She repeated smiling before turning to Hunter.
"Mr. Knight, it's a pleasure to meet you". She said and Hunter just nodded.

She went to her desk. She opened a file and started asking me questions, easy to answer.

She then came back to me and made me lay down. She put the cold gel on my stomach making me hiss as it hit my skin.
I let out a sigh when I felt Hunter's hand running through my hair.
She then placed the probe on my stomach and slowly moved it around.

She kept making 'hum' sounds and nodding to herself. And I can tell that Hunter was getting annoyed with her.

I forced myself not to laugh when I looked at him to him throwing daggers at her.

"How is the baby?". He suddenly snapped and the doctor jumped lightly moving her gaze to him.

"Oh. Uh. Everything seems normal. You're ten weeks pregnant." She said.

"So everything is fine with the baby?". I asked looking at the screen.

"Babies". She corrected smiling at the both of us.
"You're having twins". She said making me gasp.

"Really? Oh God". I said as tears started falling down my face.

"Congratulations". She smiled giving me a tissue.

I looked at Hunter to see him smiling big at the screen.
"I'm the luckiest man ever". He said looking at me.

I laughed sitting up as he kissed my forehead holding me tight.

"I love you so much". He whispered holding me tighter.

****