Chapter 37

*** Throwback 25 years ago ***

"Hunter". Bryan called as he walked into the house with his wife followed by another five years old boy.
"Hunter". He called.

Soon a ten years old Hunter walked into the room with the usual frown on his face.

"Come on son".

He walked closer looking at his parents then his gaze moved to the little boy.

"Son, this is Kevin. The boy I told you about. We adopted him so he's gonna live with us from now on". Bryan explained pulling Kevin closer to his side.
"He is your brother now and you're gonna make him feel at home until he gets used to us, okay?".

Hunter nodded before moving closer to the boy.
He pulled his hand out waiting for Kevin to take it.

"I'm Hunter". He said calmly.

Kevin looked at his hand for a moment before taking it.

"Kevin". He said shyly.

"Do you like video games?". Hunter asked and the boy nodded shyly again.
"Come on then".  He said walking toward the stairs as the boy followed closely behind.

*** Throwback 12 years ***

"Boys". Bryan said making Hunter and Kevin look up from their dinner.
"Hunter will be taking over the company starting from next month". He declared and Deborah smiled proudly.

"And when did you decide that?". Kevin asks confused. "And what's my part in this whole thing".

"You're only 18 and graduating in a few months. Hunter finished his study and is ready to take full control of the company".

"Congratulations brother". Cathy smiled jumping from her seat and hugging her brother tightly.
"I'm sure you'll do great".

"Thank you". He said hugging her back.

"Why now?". Kevin pressed. "Why not wait until I finish studying?".

"Hunter is older sweetheart". Deborah said softly sensing the sudden jealousy of her younger son.
"You are also out heir and you will also get a position when you are ready",

Kevin shook his head before standing up angrily. "I'm not hungry anymore".

"That attitude will not get you far". Bryan said angrily looking at his son.
"You're acting like a spoiled brat".

Hunter just sat quietly looking at his brother.
Studying him. He didn't understand why he was so angry. He wasn't much of talker and didn't even know what to say to his brother, so he just watch the scene in front of him.

Kevin was still in high school and was supposed to graduate in a few months.

"When I told you guys about coming to work with me or helping me, Hunter was the one that up for it. You were never interested". Bryan snapped standing up.
"I left the country for two weeks and he was in charge. And he did a wonderful job". He growled standing closer to his son.
"You are too young and he is ready. He is taking over in a month and that's final". He said sternly.

Kevin just huffed staring at the floor.

Bryan sighed. "When you are ready. You'll also have your position, that's for sure". He explained calming down.
"But for now finish your studies, okay". He placed his hand on Kevin's shoulder giving it a light squeeze.

Kevin sighed defeated.

He clenched his fists to his sides before walking out of the dining room.

*** Throwback 7 years ***

"You made Jake COO?". Kevin snapped standing from the chair and glaring at his brother who was looking at him calmly.

"I'm sorry but he did a better job for Senases. His folder fits better for the job then yours". Hunter replied leaning back on his chair.

"I'm your brother". He growled.

Hunter sighed standing up. "One thing you and Lucas need to learn is that just being part of the family doesn't give you the positions you want, at least not when I'm in control". He said sternly walking around the desk.
"When I'm in control, everybody gets the position they deserve by their hard work, nothing less". He said calmly.
"If you want that position you will have to do better than Jake".

Kevin clenched his jaw. "You are not being fair".

"I am being fair to everyone. At work, you all have the same value in my eyes and if you want something, you work for it".

Kevin shook his head before angrily walking out of his brother's office.

*** Third person ***

"I want mommy". Jason said starting to get angry as time passes.

They have been in the car for 30 minutes and that the little was starting to lose his calm.
He frowned when he looked at the window and saw a plane.

He was still frowning when Kevin picked him up getting out of the car.
Jason glared at him as he started walking

"I want my mommy!". He suddenly yelled. 

Jason let out a loud scream in his uncle's ear before biting it hard, his small teeth sinking into his skin.
Kevin let out a yelp of pain just as two small hands met each of his cheeks, slapping him hard.

He groaned dropping the boy who took off running.

"Shit!". He cursed loudly as his hand flew to his ear.
"What the fuck? Catch him". He yelled.