Chapter 36

"What do you mean he left?". I yelled glaring at the woman.
"Since when do you let the kids go with someone without our permission". I snapped slamming my hands on the table.

"Bu... but the man said it was his uncle. He had an ID and they had the same last name, so-". She stuttered.

"And you just let him go with one of the students". I snapped as fear started taking over my body.

"M... ma'am. I'm confused. I...I". She stuttered.

I ignored her and walked out of the door slamming the door shut.
Carlos walked behind me looking around.

"Oh my god". I whispered as I suddenly found it hard to breathe.
Tears were blurring my vision.

My heart was pounding against my chest and I took my phone out of my purse with shaky hands.

I dialed Hunter's number trying to calm my breathing as panic started taking over my body.

He picked up after two rings.

"Sweetheart".

"Hunter. Jason is not here". I cried leaning against the car as I suddenly felt dizzy.

"What?". He snapped.

"The school said someone came to pick him up". I said crying even harder and Carlos went to my side.
"My son is not here". I leaned back closing my eyes and breathing heavily.

"Go home. I'll see you there".

I shook my head. "Hunter...".

"Go home baby. I'm coming". He said and I heard the ding of the elevator on the other side of the line.

I walked to the car after hanging up and Carlos quickly followed.
He started and quickly pulled out of the parking lot.

My hands went on my face as I tried to calm my breathing.
That bastard is this desperate, that he took my son.
What kind of sick person does that. This man has gone crazy.
Was he always like this and hiding his real self or did he just change?
My poor baby.
I leaned back against the seat with my hand on my chest.

When the car stopped, I quickly stepped out leaving my purse behind.
I sniffed walking up the steps and opening the front door.

I saw that Hunter was already there and on the phone. He turned when he saw me.
His expression was hard and he looked like he was about to break the phone in his hands.

He hung up and walked up to me. He pulled me into his arms and I let out an involuntary sob.

"Let's go find him". I sniffed pulling away.

"Calm down. You can't do anything when you're like this". He said in a hard tone.
"You're gonna stay here and calm down and I'm going to find him".

I shook my head pulling away from him and taking the jacket that I left on the couch earlier.

"Ella-". I stopped him.

"No". I said glaring at him.
"I am not staying here while my son is out there". I snapped zipping my jacket and wiping my tear.

"Stella". He huffed in annoyance.

"You take me with you or you leave me here. But either way, I'm going to look for my son". I said walking past him and to the door.

"Ella, your mom may h-". I cut him off.

"I don't have a mother anymore". I snapped walking out of the house as I heard him following close behind.

*** Third POV ***

"Where is mommy?".

"She is coming soon". Kevin sighed.

"But I want to see her". He frowned. "Can I call her. You said we were going home".

Kevin clenched his fist and closed his eyes to control his temper.

Do kids have to be this annoying. Can't he just sit and keep quiet?

"Please Uncle Kevin. Take me to mommy and daddy". He pleaded walking even closer to him.
"You called daddy right? Is he coming?".

"Listen here. Mommy is not here anymore. You are going to stay with me from now on". He said seriously.
"You are going to be a big boy now. No more mommy. Big boys don't need a mommy. He paused.
"And We are going to travel".

"With mommy and daddy?". He asked as his eyes started watering.

"I told you mommy and daddy are not here anymore". He sighed clenching his jaw.
"It's just you and me now". He said picking him up and setting him on the bed.

Jason frowned looking at his uncle gulping.

"So where are they?". He pressed as his eyes started watering.

Didn't your father teach you that big boys don't cry". Kevin groaned standing in front of the door.
"It's just you and me. We have a flight in three hours. So get some rest".

He walked out of the room and closed the door behind him.

Jason sniffed as he started crying silently. He walked to the door and tried opening it but it was locked.
He knocked at the door as more tears started coming out of his eyes.

"Mommy". He whimpered.