Chapter 57

"Hunter." I whimpered after opening my eyes to feel his hand just resting on me.
"Hunter." I repeated.

"What's wrong?" He asked in a sleepy voice.

"I can't move my leg again." I said wincing as I tried to move it.

This always happens during the night. My left leg would just hurt or I wouldn't be able to move it.
But the doctor said that it was normal since I was 30 weeks pregnant.

Hunter moved and turned the lights on. He then moved to my side before taking my leg and started massaging it.

We stayed like that for a moment as he silently massaged my leg.

"Was it like this too when you were pregnant with Jason?" He asked and I smiled lightly.

"Yes. But I was living in Matt's house." I explained.
"So he was the one doing that." I said pointing at his hands in my leg. "I was driving him nuts."

"How long did you live with him?"

"I found my own place a couple of weeks before Jason's first birthday." I said and he nodded.

I sighed when I looked at his face.

"It's in the past. You know what was supposed to happen happened." I said grabbing his hands.
"We both learned a lot. Five years was enough for me to learn a lot about life." I said and he just stayed silent.
"Come here." I said pulling him back to lay beside me.

He moved beside me and wrapped his arms around my body.

"Hunter, I didn't know anything about bills or how credit cards worked, remember?" I asked and he laughed lightly.
"I didn't know anything. So believe it when I say everything happens for a reason. Or this would have been my third or fourth pregnancy."

He chuckled kissing my head.

"You have a huge jealousy problem. Your temper is the worst. You're annoying and demanding. You're bossy. And you're also a wonderful man."

He scoffed. "Thank you. But you're delusional. I'm not a good guy. I'm far from it and you know it. You deserve better but I'm just too selfish to let you be with someone else." He said smirking.

"I would never be with anyone. Reason why I have been single for five years. The idea of being with another man disgusted me."

He smiled looking down at me. "I like that. I like that a lot."

I chuckled. "You are good to us. And that's how I love you. Nobody's perfect. You can be an asshole sometimes. But you're my hubby."

He laughed lightly. "Because being nice to people other than family is too much work."

I shook my head smiling. "Stop talking like that when we all know you're a softie, old man."

"Old man?" He asked. "What the fuck are you talking about? Do you know what old is?"

I laughed. "You're thirty six."

"That doesn't make me old."

"Whatever you say." I teased as he turned the lights off.

"Well you're stuck with that 'old man' anyways."